Sleep mode

valrg

Is there any way of stopping the iphone going into sleep mode whilst using the cachly app? I appreciate you can go to settings on the iphone and change the general settings there but that's not something I want to do each time I go caching. I'm sure the geocaching classic app, which I've used for the last 6 years, must have something like that because I didn't used to find the phone going to sleep every few minutes. Now as I'm walking along between caches I'm finding that each time I look down at my phone it's gone to sleep and it has to be woken up, password entered etc etc.

We don't force your phone to stay awake since as you mentioned, there is an iOS setting for this. 

If we forced the phone not to sleep, user might leave Cachly open expecting iOS to sleep their phone at the chosen interval, but instead it would just waste their battery keeping the screen on.

However, adding this feature to the Navigate screen might be beneficial since this is likely the screen that users would be using a lot.