entering waypoints offline

c-ray242

When I tried Cachly offline and want to enter a next waypoint for a multi, I can enter the coordinates in the 'add waypoint' screen but it did not want to save it...

Anybody a clue what could go wrong?

Im using the iPhone 5SE, IOS 10.2.1, Cachly 2.0.3 (4)  in Dutch, therefore some wording could be wrong ;-)

I seemed to be able to replicate this. I opened a multi cache in live view and put my phone in airplane mode. I went into waypoints and added a new one called stage 3. Cachly seemed to save the waypoint but when I went back out to the live map screen and back into the cache from the map, the waypoint I added was no longer listed. 

Then I selected an offline list (downloaded PQ) and a multi cache from that list, performed the same steps as above, and when I went out and back into the offline list multi cache,  the waypoint WAS there and saved. 

Still in airplane mode, went back to the live map, selected a different multi cache, performed the above steps saving a new waypoint and it wasn't saved when going out and back into the cache. 

What I see from the above little test is if you are offline and working in an offline list, Cachly seemed to save the waypoints but not if offline when loaded from the Live map screen. 

11 minutes ago, ShammyLevva said:

Did you get an error message at all? It sounds like the same issue as in another thread about the data network connection not being sufficient and it timing out?

Yes i got an error message, not 100% sure it was the 'time out' but its likely, it tried saving it for a while...without succes
Their should not be a data network connection as I was caching offline. I put the data roaming off.

Yes I'd mentioned in another thread for adding waypoints out in the field I don't see it should be necessary to even try to upload to the website. When you are frequently in low signal areas as I am it makes adding waypoints a right pain. I'd rather it only uploaded waypoints when it was on wifi.

2 hours ago, ShammyLevva said:

Yes I'd mentioned in another thread for adding waypoints out in the field I don't see it should be necessary to even try to upload to the website. When you are frequently in low signal areas as I am it makes adding waypoints a right pain. I'd rather it only uploaded waypoints when it was on wifi.

I red the other thread, thanks for mentioning it.
I dont see a need for the waypoints to be uploaded to the website when you are caching offline. I tried it in Vienna where there must have been an endless amount of (locked) wifi signals around. I will try it with switching the phone to flight mode and see if that solves it. Altough I would prefer the app to store the waypoints on the phone when used offline.

3 hours ago, c-ray242 said:

Altough I would prefer the app to store the waypoints on the phone when used offline.

This is the current behavior. Although as others mentioned if it detects a small amount of signal it will try to upload.

When there is no connection it will save the Waypoint offline and then upload that waypoint at a later time (if you return to Cachly later with an internet connection they will be uploaded).