Bookmark Lists

thebruce0

So I'm giving the app more chance - now that I have the latest version and I think v2 is inching closer to my usage style of Geosphere than previous versions, so it's starting to rub off on me... (though I still prefer the single unified database of Geosphere, but that's a different topic :))

Anyway, bookmark lists - I can't tell what sorting order the list is shown.  Viewing my profiles' Bookmark Lists available for download, they don't appear to be in alphabetical order, or cache count order, or anything... maybe latest update order? But there's no date visible.

Can you provide another flyout option in the upper right to allow changing the sort method?  I can't think yet of other List-overview options that might be useful, but being able to sort the list by title would be essential, IMO. I organize my bookmark lists online by those titles alphabetically, and right now they just look completely random :)

(Side note: I tried to edit this post for grammar/typos, and the forum keeps adding to the minimum time before submitting "new posts", and I just want to save an edit - I got to having to wait 90 seconds before hitting "Edit Topic" :o I'm scared to touch that button again :P)

The order appears to be based on the last time the bookmark list was updated (cache added or removed).  When using Bookmarks on the geocaching.com site, the site auto selects the last one that was added to so you don't need to reselect, but when you want to change it lists them alphabetically.

For me, the order that Cachly shows makes the most sense but I have < 10 bookmark lists. I could see someone with 50+ not hoping they spot the specific list while scrolling though. 

(Side note: I'd like to see the throttling level adjusted on the forum. I've run into it a few times and need to hope I waited long enough before trying again). 

4 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Bookmark lists are shown in the order that they come from the API, which I am not exactly sure what order that is. I think just having them in ABC order would be best, giving sort options for this might be an overkill.

I would personally prefer the current sort order over alpha. It matches what I've been recently doing with those most recently used bookmarks at the top of the Cachly list.  Putting them in Alpha wouldn't kill me but it would be less productive for me in how many I have and how I work with them.  Just one person's opinion.

1 hour ago, Team DEMP said:

I would personally prefer the current sort order over alpha. It matches what I've been recently doing with those most recently used bookmarks at the top of the Cachly list.  Putting them in Alpha wouldn't kill me but it would be less productive for me in how many I have and how I work with them.  Just one person's opinion.

I will be leaving it for now, but I do appreciate insight from @thebruce0 as to how others might be using this feature.

I'd really like to be able to sort alphabetically. It doesn't make much sense to me as is. I've never seen bookmark lists anywhere sorted by last updated date; that's not even visible anywhere... it just doesn't feel right, especially without seeing the date it's being sorted by.  A big list of sort options would be overkill, but providing two options - last updated, and alpha - really shouldn't be that hard... right? /:)