ElectroQTed

Question

As a Geosphere refugee, I have become quite used to creating templates for logging caches. Examples would be for FTF logs with time stamps, TFTC logs, specific logs when out caching with a group. In Cachly, I had set up the single available default log, but found it cumbersome. It was my standard "Thanks for the cache, Ted." In order to add to that default log, I have to touch the screen and slide my finger to set the cursor to the beginning of the default text, and then begin typing. With templates, I can begin typing and then insert text from templates quickly on the fly. In my opinion, text templates are an essential time saver when logging. Text templates would be a most welcome addition to Cachly.

4 answers to this question

Wonderful! Thanks Nic.

The issue I was having, was adding text ahead of the default log, which I use at the end of all my "Found it" logs. When I tap "Log this Cache" and then "Message", the cursor is at the end of the default log. I want to add the body of my log ahead of this. I have to touch somewhere in the text of the default log and then slide my finger to the beginning of the default log to reposition the cursor. I find this cumbersome to do every time I log a cache. I also tried tapping at the beginning of the default log to reposition the cursor, but about half the time it would take me back to the previous screen because it is so close to the back arrow at the top of the screen.

16 hours ago, ElectroQTed said:

Wonderful! Thanks Nic.

The issue I was having, was adding text ahead of the default log, which I use at the end of all my "Found it" logs. When I tap "Log this Cache" and then "Message", the cursor is at the end of the default log. I want to add the body of my log ahead of this. I have to touch somewhere in the text of the default log and then slide my finger to the beginning of the default log to reposition the cursor. I find this cumbersome to do every time I log a cache. I also tried tapping at the beginning of the default log to reposition the cursor, but about half the time it would take me back to the previous screen because it is so close to the back arrow at the top of the screen.

It shouldn't be too hard to automatically make the cursor start at the beginning of the text, so I will fix this.

17 hours ago, ElectroQTed said:

I have to touch somewhere in the text of the default log and then slide my finger to the beginning of the default log to reposition the cursor. I find this cumbersome to do every time I log a cache.

A temporary workaround I'm using on this one is to include a couple of blank lines at the start of the template.  This then gives a large enough area to click in above the text to put the cursor to the beginning.