Pocket Queries

cache  register

I (and another cacher I know who uses cach.ly) are confident this didn't used to be be like this - but I don't think it was part of an update so who knows how were were thinking it worked before..

The available vs offline list is confusing.  It's not obvious that clicking an available one makes it offline, then you have to hit 'offline' then re-click your pq to view it.  I kinda see the logic of re-downloading them.  But can't figure out why you show every time I've downloaded a pq.  My offline list looks like

PQ A

PQ A

PQ B 

PQ A

PQ C
PQ C
PQ C
PQ C
PQ A
PQ A

I understand I can delete them - but it's just not that fluid to use

If there was one list, only show the caret on the right if it's already downloaded - clicking the caret takes you to the list. Clicking the name re-downloads the pq.  Un-downloaded pqs have no caret, and clicking anywhere downloads them and adds the caret.

---

or, clicking a pq (offline or not) takes you to a list of the caches - if it's not offline it downloads the pq and gives you a spinner while you wait (you can go back to the pq list while you wait).  While looking at the map, there's a refresh button to re-dl the pq, and the list view lets you pull-down to reload (like mail does in ios).  

Maybe a setting to have you auto-download a pq if it's out of date.

I will say that having the actual cache count for the pq instead of the number of caches you've limited the pq to is a huge improvement over the way groundspeak does the pq lists cache counts :)

Pocket Query functionality did change in the 1.0.2 version because of some internal changes to the way that PQ's were saved in Cachly. They are now saved in an internal database rather than just saving the .gpx files and parsing them each time. This gave us a number of advantages. In doing so we split up the screens for Available and already downloaded like you mentioned.

When a PQ is downloaded it is saved. So unless your PQ is being updated daily then you shouldn't need to download it again. If it is, each version of the PQ is saved as you have said.

Is your workflow to download a new PQ each day because it is getting updated?