Crash When Attempting to Import GPX from Dropbox

Moun10Bike

For about a week now, Cachly has been crashing for me when I try to navigate into my Dropbox folder hierarchy during GPX import. The Dropbox app had an update about a week ago and I'm wondering if that could be to blame. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Cachly and Dropbox on my iPhone, but that hasn't fixed my issue.

My repro steps are:

• In Cachly, tap on the "More" option in the lower right corner
  • Tap "Import GPX"
  • Tap "Import from Dropbox"
  • When the Dropbox app opens and displays a list of folders, tap on any one

Result: Cachly crashes to the home screen.

I'm able to work around this by starting from the Dropbox app, navigating to the file I want to import, selecting "Save to Device," and then selecting "Open in...Cachly."

Any ideas what my issue might be?

I have tested and can replicate this as well. Sadly this is Dropbox crashing, not Cachly, so I have no way to investigate it.

My guess is they changed something in their newest update.

In Cachly 8.0 we no longer use the Dropbox app but use the Files app instead to access Dropbox files. Until then, I would start in the Dropbox app then choose to share with Cachly.

I like the transitions to native Apple apps.

Sometimes I'm traveling alone and my wife sends me a GPX file exported from GSAK via Dropbox.

Now I've read that files are saved to Files on the iPhone via iTunes and the phone must be connected to the PC. However, in my case, the mobile will not be connected to the PC.

As another option for transferring the file, I see sending it by e-mail (for a larger size with splitting into multiple files) and saving the file from the e-mail to Files.

Or consistent upload of final coordinates from GSAK to gc web and subsequent download of caches via the Live tab in Cachly.

Am I seeing this correctly?

10 hours ago, ivans said:

I like the transitions to native Apple apps.

Sometimes I'm traveling alone and my wife sends me a GPX file exported from GSAK via Dropbox.

Now I've read that files are saved to Files on the iPhone via iTunes and the phone must be connected to the PC. However, in my case, the mobile will not be connected to the PC.

As another option for transferring the file, I see sending it by e-mail (for a larger size with splitting into multiple files) and saving the file from the e-mail to Files.

Or consistent upload of final coordinates from GSAK to gc web and subsequent download of caches via the Live tab in Cachly.

Am I seeing this correctly?

There are MANY ways to get a GPX into Cachly. Basically any place in iOS that has a share option, you can share that file with Cachly. You can do this from Dropbox, Files, etc etc. In email, just long press on the file itself and you can share with Cachly.