Cache Download Limit Error

RollingNowhere

This is a known issue and was caused by an unannounced change from Groundspeak (geocaching.com) about a week ago. We had to scramble and submit a fix to Apple, and it is still waiting to be reviewed.

We are very sorry about this issue, and would have avoided it if at all possible.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I hope that it will be approved this week by Apple.

• 9 months later...
On November 4, 2016 at 8:47 AM, nastrud said:

I have download some Offline list caches for this weekend, and now I can search for any caches and it says "Error Cache Download Limit Has Been Exceeded".

And I'm a premium member :(

What can I do?

Groundspeak limits users to downloading 6000 "full" caches per day (caches with description, hint, waypoints, logs). And 10,000 "lite" caches per day (basic info like location, difficulty, terrain, etc). Once a user uses these caches up you have to wait 24 hours to load more caches.

Unfortunately this isn't a limitation of Cachly, but a limitation of geocaching.com.

I wish that there was a way to fix this issue, but the good news is that most users will never even get close to that limit.