Internal server error

chihuahuajill

When trying to search for caches, it takes a long time and eventually gives the following error: “Error Request failed: internal server error (500)”.  I’ve tried logging out and back in and have tried rebooting my phone, but neither helped.  I’m able to search for caches on the website and on the official app. I have an iPhone 13 mini running iOS 15.3.1, Cachly version 7.0.12 (3).  I’m a premium member on geocaching.com  

C8014757-4144-4979-90BB-BCBA69D2542F.png

19 hours ago, chihuahuajill said:

I resolved the problem by deleting the Cachly app and reinstalling. I saved all my offline lists as gpx files prior to removing the app because they were deleted along with the app. After reinstalling, everything worked fine and I reimported the gpx files back in to restore my offline lists. 

Hmm, that is really strange. You should never have to delete Cachly. A 500 error comes from the geocaching.com API.

6 hours ago, Trauerweide said:

I have the same problem for several days but don't wanted to delete and reinstall Cachly yet. The geocaching app is working without problems. Is there anything that I can do to solve the problem without deleting cachly?

Hmm, have you tried turning off all filters to see if that helped? Also, can you try the searcha again, then use the option in Cachly to contact support and send us an email. Then make sure to include debug data so we can see the request that is being made.

9 hours ago, Trauerweide said:

I have the same problem for several days but don't wanted to delete and reinstall Cachly yet. The geocaching app is working without problems. Is there anything that I can do to solve the problem without deleting cachly?

Also, if you turn of live filters, does that solve the issue? If it does, Please make sure to see my above comment about sending debug data, it would really help.

40 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Do you have the "Full Cache Data" option turned on? If so, try turning that off and see if that helps.

Hi Nic, 

yes I had the "Full Cache Data" turned on and never had any problems with that before. So I'm really confused why this is making problems right now.

BUT...

I've try to turning it off and that solved the problem for me. :)

Thank you so much! ♥ ♥ ♥

40 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

If it DID fix the issue, can you let me know what you have for the number of caches to load setting? Is it 100?

Yes it is 100.

39 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

It is a server side bug. So a change that Geocaching HQ made to their API (not sure what) is now triggering the 500 error when full cache data and 100 caches are requested.

Oh, ok. Thank you for the explanation! :)

I've tested turning the "Full Cache Data" on with less than 100 Caches and that is working too. The maximum with "Full Cache Data" on seems to be 80 Caches.

Anyway, thanks for all your help! I'm really happy that I can now use Cachly again. ♥