Camera won't work on cachey with my iPad

Jello Jeep

Hi Nic...   

iPad Pro 10.5"

IOS 7.0.2

Cachly 7.0.5(1)

If I go into personal note, and click the "+" sign at the bottom, and choose "take photo", the photo screen comes up blank, as in totally black. It will allow me to choose a photo from the library, and it will work with the native camera app with no problem.

Also still have issues with trying to use course up in landscape mode with the same ipad

Any thoughts ?

Warren

21 hours ago, Jello Jeep said:

If I go into personal note, and click the "+" sign at the bottom, and choose "take photo", the photo screen comes up blank, as in totally black. It will allow me to choose a photo from the library, and it will work with the native camera app with no problem.

At some point, did you not allow Cachly camera permissions? Look in the iOS Settings for Cachly (scroll down to it) then see if you have allowed Camera permissions.

21 hours ago, Jello Jeep said:

Also still have issues with trying to use course up in landscape mode with the same ipad

Was this the issue that I think you reported previously?

• 1 month later...

Hi Nick, forgot I had posted this on here, and not FB...  Wasn't sure now if there is a different place to report something as a Patreon supporter, or if it makes any difference.. You were right about the camera issue, thanks...  

Yes, issue of orientation on iPad was reported, and still does it...   Was out today, and navigating with the iPad.... once navigating, the iPad is in landscape, but cachly "thinks" it is in portrait... IE.  in compass view while navigating, the compass pointer points @ 270degrees, when it should be pointing at 360. (or zero) . 

It also messes it up, if in map mode, and you try for course up.. 

Also, not that I care, but I know you like things running smoothly, when I signed up for Patreon, it claimed I was going to get a tee shirt etc.. That has never happened.. Like I say, I dont really need a shirt, but thought you should know, whatever that mechanism to send a shirt as promised, doesn't seem to work...

Warren Holm

11 hours ago, Jello Jeep said:

Wasn't sure now if there is a different place to report something as a Patreon supporter, or if it makes any difference..

You can feel free to email support@cach.ly and we can get you added to our Cachly Patreon Slack channel.

11 hours ago, Jello Jeep said:

Also, not that I care, but I know you like things running smoothly, when I signed up for Patreon, it claimed I was going to get a tee shirt etc.. That has never happened.. Like I say, I dont really need a shirt, but thought you should know, whatever that mechanism to send a shirt as promised, doesn't seem to work...

Hmm, email me about this. A Cachly t-shirt hasn't been one of the patron benefits, so not sure where it was saying that. Can you email me some more info about where you saw this?