Syncing Drafts?

xelarep

Hi,

I just discovered Cachly. Before I was a GC App / web interface  user. Cachly is great (Offline maps!)  However I'm struggling with some minor things. For some I already found answers/solution here.

This one I was not able to figure out so far:

How can I see my Draft Logs which I already made with the GC App. I'm able to see them in the GC web interface, and they sync between my iPhone and iPad in the GC App.
Isn't this supported in Cachly? I'm able to do drafts and submit them (either online or as postponed item) to the GC database in cachet, but not the other way around?!

xelarep

Currently geocaching.com Drafts are not shown in Cachly. Reason being, the majority of Cachly users would use Pending Logs (saved in Cachly until you are ready to submit) or if they do submit a Draft, they will finish it on their computer since they prefer the larger keyboard.

We have considered adding it in a future version, but we honestly have never had one user ask about this until now. :)

Hi Nic, thanks for your response. That’s close to how I logged in the past: drafting and final log at home at the browser. I’m considering using pending logs, however for travel bugs I try to use immediate logging, to provide past feedback to the database.

Regarding my initial question: it would be at least good to show a number and names of drafts in the GC database to remind me to complete my logs ;-)

thx, xelarep

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Firefishe said:

I'd also like to see Drafts incorporated into Cachly.  I'd like to be able to edit them, save them as Drafts, or Upload them as Logs when done, at will.

This isn't currently planned as Cachly uses Pending Logs as a way to save logs on device until you are ready to send them. Have you tried this method?

• 1 month later...