Viewing offline caches on the live map

HoochDog

I find the radius circles a valuable tool when planning cache placements in a somewhat dense cache area.  I've done what you said and have created offline caches that reflect the positions of the live caches, but it is tedious.  

I can add a marker to the live map and click "save location" but that doesn't draw the perimeter radius around it.

3 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

If you can use the "Save Offline Geocache" option and create a traditional cache. This will then be able to draw a radius around it, and you can move it if needed.

Hopefully this could be useful.

It is useful to a degree, but to show current and planned hides, with circles, on the same map... I have to create an offline version of every live cache in the area.  Thats a lot of typing.

Another alternative that I've been doing to see both on the same map is... instead of creating offline geocaches, I update the solved coordinates of puzzle caches in some random state I may never visit with my desired coordinates.  When I refresh the map, these "solved" caches show up on the map where I want them to be, along-side the live caches.

I save all of the live caches (with corrected coordinates) in an area where I’m trying to do a tight placement into an offline list, not one at a time, but as a group. If there are caches in the group that won’t be needed, they are easily and quickly deleted. Then with the cache radius turned on, I create individual  offline caches in the desired “empty” spots and fine tune them when I’m in the field. This has worked very well and has allowed me to find good spots with just as little as a foot to spare. 

15 hours ago, brudderman said:

I save all of the live caches (with corrected coordinates) in an area where I’m trying to do a tight placement into an offline list, not one at a time, but as a group. If there are caches in the group that won’t be needed, they are easily and quickly deleted. Then with the cache radius turned on, I create individual  offline caches in the desired “empty” spots and fine tune them when I’m in the field. This has worked very well and has allowed me to find good spots with just as little as a foot to spare. 

Thank you!!!

I didn't know that you could bulk add the displayed list of live caches to an offline map.  This is perfect.  I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.