gpsbabel format for Cachly

zemiak

Hello,

before trying to implement a new GPX/XML format variant, that is suitable for Cachly, I would like to ask, if there is sth like that already in place. gpsbabel uses LOC for geocaching format, and it can be imported by L4C, but not by Cachly.

I am talking specifically about gpsbabel, not GSAK.

Thanks!

Frankly, I have no idea. I have no access to GSAK, I’ve been just told, that I can prepare my Cachly lists there. But I’m on a Mac and have no access to GSAK. 

Anyway, I will try to generate something close to geocaching.com’s Pocket Query GPX and see whether that works or not. 

Ah. Sorry, I did not want to bother you with this request, for sure. This is something, that 99.9% of the Cachly users do not care about. There is a Czech page, https://labgpx.cz, that is able to generate GPX files out of the Adventure lab caches - one artificial cache for a LAB stage. I live in a big city (this is relative :-D when compared to other countries), I like to go out and hunt for multiple LAB series, so I would like to have a single list for 2-3-4-whatever LAB cache stages.

My friend used to use GSAK for importing the GPX and generating nice GPX files for Cachly out of it, but I have discovered gpslabel lately and wanted to try it out.

As I said, nothing important and worthy of a true feature request, therefore I asked here in the forums.

I can see now, I should have put it in General Questions, not here :-/

Edited by zemiak