Live map issues when clear on refresh is not selected

mustakorppi

I had some hundreds of caches downloaded maybe 300 km apart from each other and clear map on refresh turned off.

If I go scroll map to a new area using a reasonable zoom for navigation (e.g. scale goes up to 750 meters) and tap the load caches button, the map zooms out far enough to show all caches Cachly currently has loaded (which for me results in a zoom level where the scale goes to 100km). This forces me to find the location I was interested in all over again.

The same happens if I type in a GC code in the search. As a separate issue, when the cache found by a GC code is grouped with other caches in this zoomed out view, it doesn’t get selected (that is, the details pop up doesn’t show). This makes it very hard to actually find the cache that I just searched for.

11 hours ago, mustakorppi said:

If I go scroll map to a new area using a reasonable zoom for navigation (e.g. scale goes up to 750 meters) and tap the load caches button, the map zooms out far enough to show all caches Cachly currently has loaded (which for me results in a zoom level where the scale goes to 100km). This forces me to find the location I was interested in all over again.

In this case, you need to turn the Fit to Map settings option off so that it won't zoom to fit new caches.

11 hours ago, mustakorppi said:

The same happens if I type in a GC code in the search. As a separate issue, when the cache found by a GC code is grouped with other caches in this zoomed out view, it doesn’t get selected (that is, the details pop up doesn’t show). This makes it very hard to actually find the cache that I just searched for.

I just tested and I wasn't able to replicate. Is there something specific you are doing here?