Looking4Cache - Out of Business

Attila_G

Hi, there. I've been using L4C Pro for 5 years, almost the whole time I've been caching, and see that I should ready for a move. I have spent 5 or 6 hours now playing with Cachly, but there's a great deal I haven't "gotten" yet. Is there a tutorial or thread that would be best for the many L4C'ers who will be migrating? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Annie Organ said:

Is there a tutorial or thread that would be best for the many L4C'ers who will be migrating?

Feel free to ask any questions, but here are some of our other resources:

On 2/16/2021 at 10:55 PM, Annie Organ said:

Hi, there. I've been using L4C Pro for 5 years, almost the whole time I've been caching, and see that I should ready for a move. I have spent 5 or 6 hours now playing with Cachly, but there's a great deal I haven't "gotten" yet. Is there a tutorial or thread that would be best for the many L4C'ers who will be migrating? Thanks!

I tried a 4 year old „Introduction to cachly“ on YouTube, made by a Scotsman, and although a bit older, it helped here and there. What helped even more was asking a friend to try out logging his cache and him not wondering about the funny things that might happen - so I could log found, post DNF, add a coin and remove... - kind of personal intro. The rest worked out in the field then, asking my friends to be a bit more patient as I needed to find out how things worked...

• 3 months later...

Hi, another L4C User … Beta Tester from the first version …

There are many things that Cachly do very well, better than L4C but some things are very annoying.

PQ Downloads: I have to download 13! PQ into one Offline List. With L4C you can select all of them and download at once. With cachly I have to select one by one and wait between?

Mysterys: In L4C you can check the corrected coordinates when the owner have an Checker in the description. Automatically …

Trackables: Own Trackables can visit every found Cache automatically, didn’t find this in Cachly

But I think Cachly make much things really nice!

4 minutes ago, Sternenfeuer said:

PQ Downloads: I have to download 13! PQ into one Offline List. With L4C you can select all of them and download at once. With cachly I have to select one by one and wait between?

Yes, this is currently how it works. We haven't ever had a feature request for anything different, but will add it to our list for a future version.

5 minutes ago, Sternenfeuer said:

Mysterys: In L4C you can check the corrected coordinates when the owner have an Checker in the description. Automatically …

Trackables: Own Trackables can visit every found Cache automatically, didn’t find this in Cachly

These will be coming in our 7.0 version.

Thanks for using Cachly!