Bad maps layers

koc256

Question

Hello,

I am migrate from L4C apps to Cachly. Lots of function are better than in L4C, but one big drawback are maps. I have STANDARD MASP and PREMIUM MAPS, but both are worst than maps in L4C :(.

CITY:
L4C - CACHLY STANDARD - CACHLY PREMIUM
IMG_4993.thumb.PNG.a7b26ad62ccb2515bba1ac8e139b2770.PNGIMG_4994.thumb.PNG.b6bca6bd925d9c7f29f262d334b74aa8.PNGIMG_4995.thumb.PNG.2260c561be4e8a15bdf7c3e8a2ebd52e.PNG

FOREST
L4C - CACHLY STANDARD - CACHLY PREMIUM

IMG_4998.thumb.PNG.d9e1fb3bdb7e91cafde2b27e06f49274.PNGIMG_4997.thumb.PNG.53ec8294a81daae1befdf592a62afea9.PNGIMG_4996.thumb.PNG.2e6f9edcc3df0581448c56fb6ed07b2f.PNG

And PREMIUM maps is worst for using, because during zooming the map changes its size slightly by default :(.

Please add maps layers from L4C apps to Cachly. There are OSM maps.

12 answers to this question

In your video, can you explain the issue and how this is affecting you? I am not seeing the issue.

In your screenshot, it looks like you have a lot of map details turned off. Long press the map layers button and choose the options you want to see:

IMG_8A74F5BF6C86-1.jpeg IMG_0102.PNGIMG_B202BF5C031D-1.jpeg

As for colors, this is just personal preference. I have spent years now perfecting how the Premium Offline maps are displayed, so I am very proud of them. :)

12 minutes ago, koc256 said:

And PREMIUM maps is worst for using, because during zooming the map changes its size slightly by default :(.

Can you show me an example of what you mean?

Looking at your screenshots, I think everything looks pretty good in our Premium maps. Can you point out some things that you feel are missing from the Cachly maps? Also, please remember that as with many other iOS map types, map objects will appear as you zoom in. Meaning you will see a more detailed map as you zoom in.

13 minutes ago, koc256 said:

Please add maps layers from L4C apps to Cachly. There are OSM maps.

Cachly also uses OSM for our map source, but I wouldn't ever copy or use another apps maps.

3 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Cachly also uses OSM for our map source, but I wouldn't ever copy or use another apps maps.

I would welcome the opportunity to have OSM as offline maps.

4 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Can you show me an example of what you mean?

28 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Looking at your screenshots, I think everything looks pretty good in our Premium maps. Can you point out some things that you feel are missing from the Cachly maps? Also, please remember that as with many other iOS map types, map objects will appear as you zoom in. Meaning you will see a more detailed map as you zoom in.

Yes, i know, but theese maps are worst than OSM. OSM has better color e. g.

Detail.

IMG_5016.thumb.PNG.5ec6d834a288a373b2856b99376f380a.PNGIMG_5015.thumb.PNG.c9cd80b2133fd74eee37b282cf0277f5.PNG

1 hour ago, koc256 said:

I would welcome the opportunity to have OSM as offline maps.

Premium Offline Maps are sourced from OSM data, but are data and styles are picked carefully for our specific Premium Maps. They are not meant to copy OSM styles, as this was not the goal. The goal was to make the best offline map experience for my users. :)

9 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

In your video, can you explain the issue and how this is affecting you? I am not seeing the issue.

I have issue only with premium maps. Standard map set does not have this issue.

Under unspecific circumstances sometimes happen, that while I zoom in or out, map do not stand on a place when I stop zooming (doing multitouch gesture) but jump a little bit further (zooming out) or closed (zooming in). It looks like it has (only sometimes!) some predefined levels of zoom. Or it looks like it has (sometimes) some sort of inertia. This is inappropriate behavior.

13 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

In your screenshot, it looks like you have a lot of map details turned off. Long press the map layers button and choose the options you want to see:

Color are better when are turned on more details... Thanx.

6 minutes ago, koc256 said:

I have issue only with premium maps. Standard map set does not have this issue.

This is the deceleration of the multi-touch gesture. This is normal for maps and Google and Apple maps both do this when you do a hard pinch or push.

Can you let me know what sort if problems this is causing?

9 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

This is the deceleration of the multi-touch gesture. This is normal for maps and Google and Apple maps both do this when you do a hard pinch or push.

Can you let me know what sort if problems this is causing?

It's the only map (premium map) where it behaves like this. But the premium map should be perfect, right? Could you fix it?

7 hours ago, koc256 said:

It's the only map (premium map) where it behaves like this. But the premium map should be perfect, right? Could you fix it?

I am seeing Google Maps and Apple Maps doing the same thing.

Can you explain what issues this causes with your usage and as a geocacher? I do not see this as a bug at all.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Can you explain what issues this causes with your usage and as a geocacher? I do not see this as a bug at all.

When this behaviour is only by one map, that is annoying. I would understand if it was any ordinary map. But ONLY at the premium for which I paid? This is bad UX. It is very annoying. I assumed you could fix it when it was the fault of only one map. :(

1 hour ago, koc256 said:

When this behaviour is only by one map, that is annoying. I would understand if it was any ordinary map. But ONLY at the premium for which I paid? This is bad UX. It is very annoying. I assumed you could fix it when it was the fault of only one map. :(

No, this isn't a bug, and is the way our Premium Offline Maps are intended to work. Of course we appreciate everyone's opinion. :)

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

No, this isn't a bug, and is the way our Premium Offline Maps are intended to work. Of course we appreciate everyone's opinion. :)

OK :(

All maps have similar behavior, and only one has different behavior.

For me, this behavior is an obstacle to use. But is your app and your decision.

Thank You for your time for communication. :rolleyes:

On 1/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Long press the map layers button and choose the options you want to see:

Brilliant feature for quickly changing between recent/regular maps ... to change between say premium and OS (which is at the bottom of the full list) I had to scroll way down ... very easy to change between my regular maps now! Many thanks and still discovering Cachly features by the day!!