Copy Options

brudderman

Question

1.It's very handy to be able to press on the cache code or coordinates to copy the item to the clipboard for pasting elsewhere, and I often do it. For me, it would be even more handy to see a popup (something like the one with maps) that presents a choice of what will be copied: cache code, coordinates, code & coordinates (separated by a pipe perhaps), code & name, code & name & coordinates. Many times I will message someone and like to include both code and name when asking for help.

2. Instead of automatically copying, having the standard iOS sheet appear would not only give the option to copy, but also to send the item directly to messages, emails, Siri Shortcuts, etc., for further processing. Siri Shortcuts is very powerful, and the ability to pass parameters from Cachly would open up numerous possibilities.

Thanks for a great app and for the features that continue to be added!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, brudderman said:

Many times I will message someone and like to include both code and name when asking for help.

This can be done on the Additional Information screen. If you tap on a row of information it will save to the clipboard. Then, if you long press on another row, it will append that text to the previously copied text.

1 hour ago, brudderman said:

Instead of automatically copying, having the standard iOS sheet appear would not only give the option to copy, but also to send the item directly to messages, emails, Siri Shortcuts, etc., for further processing. Siri Shortcuts is very powerful, and the ability to pass parameters from Cachly would open up numerous possibilities.

I realize this could be useful, but I also think that users would be annoyed if it showed the share sheet every time they were only wanting to copy the text.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

This can be done on the Additional Information screen. If you tap on a row of information it will save to the clipboard. Then, if you long press on another row, it will append that text to the previously copied text.

Great! Never knew this :-)