More details on 6.1 features

barefootguru

Here is a bit more information about 6.1 as we haven't had a chance to update the wiki: https://medium.com/@cachly/cachly-6-1-features-and-release-37be309d9f68

8 hours ago, barefootguru said:

How do you activate/use proximity alert?

Proximity alert is a new button that shows up on the navigate to cache screen as well as on offline lists. You can tap it to see all the options and turn it on, or you can long press the button to quickly turn it on.

8 hours ago, barefootguru said:

I presume images in personal notes are only accessible within Cachly — not stored at geocaching.com?

These are saved in iCloud drive and will be synced to your other devices and are accessible on those devices and on your computer by viewing them in iCloud Drive and viewing the Cachly folder. They are not saved on geocaching.com.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Agree, love this. So far I had my personal geocache image repository on dropbox, but it was always extra work to get the images there. Just pressing a button in Cachly to archive cache relevant photos is great. When I tested this feature and saw how it worked well I instantly "bought" this new version :-)

I also noticed that I could copy all my existing photos (in matching GCxxxxx folders) from DropBox to iCloud drive and they are available in Cachly - great.

One additional thing that would be great: When I have an offline list of my finds on my phone, it would be great if I could filter this list by caches with personal photos.

Best,
David

10 hours ago, DrDaffy said:

I also noticed that I could copy all my existing photos (in matching GCxxxxx folders) from DropBox to iCloud drive and they are available in Cachly - great.

Yes! This makes it quick and easy for power users to move images into Cachly.

11 hours ago, DrDaffy said:

One additional thing that would be great: When I have an offline list of my finds on my phone, it would be great if I could filter this list by caches with personal photos.

This is one I had considered as well. Thanks!

On 9/28/2020 at 7:03 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

This is one I had considered as well. Thanks!

I hope your considerations leads to a positiv decision. The current situation is great when you look at current caches (e.g. an unfinished multi with relevant pictures) but if you look at your photo collection, all you see is an anonymous list of GC codes.