Selecting cache from notification

Thot

• 2 weeks later...

I find it a little odd you cannot search for the GC code or the cache name -- only the URL.   This morning I got a text from GC for a new release.  Since I only use cachly for looking at pictures and going to new caches based on text alerts I had forgotten I had to use the full URL.  Searched for part of the name, then the entire name, then the GC number.  When nothing worked I gave up and entered the coordinates in my hand held but that takes time and patience.  As my wife will clearly explain, I have little patience :lol:

On 9/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, barefootguru said:

On iOS (don’t know about others), you can tap & hold a link or message, then copy & paste it.

I have an iPhone. If I tap the link it immediately goes to the GC page. I can't tap & hold because the tap sends me to the GC page. I can copy the entire message but that doesn't help because Cachly won't know what to do with it.

As explained in my previous post, if I press on the URL I am sent to the GC cache page

After your comment about GC code working, I 've tried it several times.  Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  In the capture below when I tapped Search nothing happened.  Seemed like yesterday it would say Nothing found or something to that effect. 

IMG_1655.jpg

27 minutes ago, Thot said:

As explained in my previous post, if I press on the URL I am sent to the GC cache page

Are you sure that you are long pressing on the link? No just tapping? Please see the following video where I long press on the link:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif

30 minutes ago, Thot said:

In the capture below when I tapped Search nothing happened.  Seemed like yesterday it would say Nothing found or something to that effect. 

I haven't ever seen any issues with searching for a GC code. Can you try something like GCD?