Highlighting Issues (not covered by Mar 5)

kittyshrink

I’ve recently starting having highlighting issues as described in another user’s Mar 5, 2020 post: colors don’t update when changed, colors show correctly in list view but not Map view, and so on.

I use Cachly on 1 device, an iphone, and I do not use the Cloud, thus no syncing issues should be to blame.

I am using the latest iOS and the latest Cachly versions. 

I have rebooted my phone.

According to the Highlighting page, I only have 2814 caches highlighted. 

Any ideas what else might be the problem?

Yes, live and offline.

And if I'm only using Cachly on one device (I only have 1 Apple device), exactly what would it be syncing with?

But I did try it....and it *removed* all my recent highlighting (from the past 2 weeks).

Older highlights stayed put.

On the Highlighting page, the number of caches highlighted did *not* change, despite having "lost" all the recent highlights (which should have nearly equaled the older ones).

On 8/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, kittyshrink said:

And if I'm only using Cachly on one device (I only have 1 Apple device), exactly what would it be syncing with?

This is synching the highlight database with the Cachly SQL database.

Can you try turning on iCloud? This feature is meant to work with iCloud, and although it does work offline from that there might be unexpected behavior without it.