Caches Not Displayed at corrected coordinates

4cycle

I have an offline list of ~1500 caches. When I first open the list, three of the caches are shown on the map at N00 00.000 E000 00.000  They have corrected coordinates set. If I select one of the three caches, and select navigate, the cache is displayed at the corrected coordinates. 
Cachly v6.0.4 iOS 13.6

The three caches are:  GC1NVKT, GC1NVMR and GC11MM4

EE868D03-2A98-41C5-86C4-4244387AD42E.png

E424F8DC-2C75-4455-B07F-82F2E1BB6FD0.png

If you want to share with me via private message the corrected coords for one of those, I can see what it shows for me. Nic (Cachly developer) might need something from you to try and replicate/troubleshoot as it's specific to the corrected coordinate. 

What does geocaching.com map show when you view that cache with the corrected coordinate? Does it show exactly where it should?

I went and solved the puzzle for GC1NVKT and updated the corrected coordinates for it on the geocaching site. I opened the cache in live view in Cachly and it displayed properly. I saved the cache to an offline list and it displays where I'd expect. 

if you open that cache in the offline list, do the coords on the cache detail screen look like your corrected coords? if you pull down the cache detail screen to refresh the cache, do the coords change after being refreshed?

Team DEMP

The only time it displays incorrectly is when I tap on the list and then the list is displayed as shown on the pics I posted. If I open on GC.com or open the cache in live it’s okay. I see we’re the issue may be coming from.  The original coordinates are the corrected so I blocked them out. 

The three caches all have a similar FT coordinate and that is where the cache is displayed on the map. 

A7985CC8-CF21-4613-BDE1-CCBB8812B8DC.jpeg

I see what is occurring in your screen shots but I can't replicate with the same cache and corrected coords. If I load GC1NVKT from an offline list and look at the Waypoints, I see what you posted above. Still, Cachly displays it properly on the map when it loads it from the offline list. 

Not sure what @Nic Hubbard might think or need to further troubleshoot.  Sorry I couldn't figure out the trigger. 

The source is PQ to GSAK then GPX uploaded to Dropbox, then imported to list. 
The final coordinates were updated on geocaching.com. Then a PQ to GSAK to filter out archived and disabled caches and others that I’m not interested in. 
As you requested, I removed the finals on the caches in Cachly, then set the final coordinates in Cachly.  Then the cache was showing at the correct location on the map. 
When I solve a puzzle cache, I make notes on how I solved it and list the final coordinates in the Personal Cache Note then copy those to Corrected Coordinates. 
These three caches were corrected on the web site.  If I solve a puzzle on Cachly, I use the same process. 
I don’t know what happened on these three.

One thing that I noticed is that the corrected coordinates are present in the cache, but Cachly didn’t recognize the coordinates as corrected. So on GeoCache.com, restoring the original coordinates and updating the cache in Cachly, the setting the coordinates to the corrected coordinates seems what fix the map location problem. 

Yes. I don’t know why the corrected coordinates didn’t load correctly when I imported the GPX file from GSAK. The next time I do an update with new puzzle caches with corrected coordinates, I’ll take a closer look at what happens to the corrected coordinates. 

Thanks for your attention and help. 

4cycle,

Cache On!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this problem with GC6JX77

I've corrected the coordinates with GSAK using a macro and I've cleared those and corrected in cachly. The cache immediately shows up in the new location. However, if I hit the refresh button on cachly to show me the caches in the area, it disappears.

11 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

What does the macro do? Upload the corrected coords to geocaching.com? If so, there is no need to add again in Cachly, refreshing that cache will bring the corrected coords from the website. 

You are adding the corrected coords again in Cachly?

Upload corrected coordinates to geocaching.com using macro in GSAK. Most caches show in new location in cachly. This one does not. As a test, I removed the corrected coordinates and then corrected them in cachly. Still the same issue so I don't think GSAK has anything to do with it. I've had it happen a couple of times with different caches in the past.

1 hour ago, C3GPS said:

Upload corrected coordinates to geocaching.com using macro in GSAK. Most caches show in new location in cachly. This one does not. As a test, I removed the corrected coordinates and then corrected them in cachly. Still the same issue so I don't think GSAK has anything to do with it. I've had it happen a couple of times with different caches in the past.

Have you verified by visiting the cache on geocaching.com that it does have corrected coordinates (you shouldn't have to do this normally, but I don't know anything about the GSAK macro)? In Cachly, are you viewing this cache live or in an offline list?

5 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Have you verified by visiting the cache on geocaching.com that it does have corrected coordinates (you shouldn't have to do this normally, but I don't know anything about the GSAK macro)? In Cachly, are you viewing this cache live or in an offline list?

Of course I've verified the coordinates are corrected. As I said, doesn't show in the correct place on the map no matter how I correct the coordinates. If I search on that GC specifically, it shows in the correct location on the map. However, if I bring up the map, scroll over to that area and refresh the map, the cache does NOT show up. See attached photo

grant.jpg

7 minutes ago, C3GPS said:

It only shows up on the map if I put in the GC number and search for it and then it's on the map by itself. It's not on my ignore list. If I look at all the caches in the area it no longer shows up on the map.

We haven't seen this issue before, so this is very strange. I am not sure what else to try here. Does this happen with any other caches?

If you load caches in that area, can you tap the load button a second time (without moving the map) to load more caches in that area? Does it show the cache? 

In testing, this seemed to show the cache for me, while the first load didn't. It seems to be an API bug, as caches with corrected coordinates should be found at their corrected locations when searching.

17 minutes ago, C3GPS said:

Interesting. That did show the cache upon a second refresh. Any moving or zooming and then refresh again will remove the cache but another second refresh shows it.

So, for whatever reason, the API is loading that cache in 51-100, rather than 1-50. I am not sure why, as I can't replicate it on my account. I will let the HQ developers know about the issue.

1 minute ago, C3GPS said:

Not sure if it's useful or not but one macro in GSAK was just made faster due to what the author said was a recent API change. Apparently it allowed him to check status on caches in batches of 100 instead of 50.

In Settings in Cachly you can change how many caches load, and you could set that to 100. In this case it would likely solve your issue, although I still think it is a deeper API issue as it shouldn't be happening.