Full offline-map of Germany not selectable

ChrisHDot

In map view, if you single tap on the map layer icon (looks like 3 pieces of stacked paper) toward the bottom right, it should bring up the Map Types screen like I attached here. I have the US Northeast and Florida premium offline maps downloaded. Does your screen show the Germany map? if so, does it have the green check mark to indicate it is selected? If not, tap it to select and then tap Done in the top right of the screen and it should be the active map.

IMG_2FC5B15DD3A0-1.jpeg

Dear TeamDEMP,

thanks for the quick reply. Seems I did not quite properly explain my issue then :)

I am aware how to open the screen where to select the downloaded maps and it worked for when only downloading single German countries. I wanted to have the whole map available though as I am traveling a lot. The overview does not show the "total German map" though although in the downloading overview, it clearly shows the green check confirming it was downloaded. When clicking again, it also asks me whether to download again...

Chris

The full Germany map is 3.1GB. Did you download that full one?  If you wanted all of Germany, that would be the only one you needed to download. The other maps are a subset of the entire country useful if someone might just be in 1 specific region. It could be there was an issue downloading as it is very large. Do you recall seeing that it was successfully downloaded?

If you tap on the More icon at the bottom right of the main Cachly screen and then select Usage on the next screen, it will show how much space is being used by downloaded maps. Does it show at least 3.1GB which would be the minimum needed for the full Germany download?

8 hours ago, Team DEMP said:

If you tap on the More icon at the bottom right of the main Cachly screen and then select Usage on the next screen, it will show how much space is being used by downloaded maps. Does it show at least 3.1GB which would be the minimum needed for the full Germany download?

Indeed it does, yes. Still I cannot select it to be the active map...

6 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

I would download it again and this time try leaving Cachly open it downloads and installs. Some of the larger maps, if the download finishes in the background, iOS will stop the install step. 

Hi Nic,

just downloaded it again this morning. It showed the green checkmark in the downloading section and also the usage-screen confirms the full download. I also made sure that Cachly remains active during downloading and installing. I even saw the note of the map being installed. But still the issue remains.

It is no major issue to me as I simply re-downloaded the segments of Germany I mainly need :)

But still I wonder why this behavior occurs...