Two not recent bugs, Google maps zoom and offline corrected coordinate waypoints

bloodycool

There are two bugs that I have noticed in previous 5.x version that appear to have persisted into Cachly 6.0

1. When I switch from the offline premium maps to Google Satellite map, it sometimes zooms out to show most of the world (usually centered on Australia oddly) instead of keeping the same location and zoom level.  It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite frequently. 

2. I do much of my caching in offline mode. If I create a Is Corrected Coordinate waypoint while offline I get the message that "The connection seems to be offline..." and it creates the waypoint. But if I then try to delete that waypoint, I get an error that the "Internet connection appears offline" and I can't get rid of it. When I have no service and can't get back on the internet, this can be problematic. Waypoints created that don't use the Is Corrected Coordinate don't exhibit this behavior. 

The new features in 6.0 are awesome, especially state restore. That one is gold right there (and the reason for a developer tip a few weeks back)

• Cachly version number: 6.0.1
  • iOS version: 13.5.1
  • Device that you are using iPhone SE 2020
  • Screen that issue is happening on and if you can replicate it: Google maps / waypoints
  • Premium user of geocaching.com: 

46 minutes ago, bloodycool said:

1. When I switch from the offline premium maps to Google Satellite map, it sometimes zooms out to show most of the world (usually centered on Australia oddly) instead of keeping the same location and zoom level.  It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite frequently. 

This is a known bug and one I also have been trying to replicate reliably. Working to fix it.

47 minutes ago, bloodycool said:

But if I then try to delete that waypoint, I get an error that the "Internet connection appears offline" and I can't get rid of it.

Thanks, will make sure to get this fixed!

• 6 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 2:43 AM, Nic Hubbard said:

This is a known bug and one I also have been trying to replicate reliably. Working to fix it.

Is there any progress on this?

The way this triggers for me is when I switch to Apple Maps (or really any map provider other than Google), then open a cache and click the compass icon, which returns me to the map with a red line pointing to the cache. From this state, switching to any Google map throws me to Australia 100% of the time.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Thanks for posting those replication steps. I am still working on this bug.

Thank you for your work. I just downloaded the updated app. Unfortunately, I think something is still amiss.

1) If I follow the exact same steps as above, I no longer get thrown to Australia in the final step. However, if I now swipe from left twice to return to live map, I find myself off the coast of Ghana, usually at the largest zoom level but sometimes the app quickly scrolls the map back to my real location. The exact behaviour seems to depend on the which map you start with and which you switch to in the navigation view. Going from Apple maps to Google seems to reliably get stuck in the atlantic.

2). When starting from a custom map source and repeating the steps above, the app seems to keep track of location but gets confused about which maps to show. So,

• If I'm on a custom map source in live map;
  • open a cache and tap the compass icon;
  • switch map source (to Apple or Google, doesn't seem to matter);
  • and finally swipe back twice to live map

I don't get thrown to Ghana, but rather I'm shown tiles from the custom map source even though I had selected Apple while in the navigation map. The map source menu keeps claiming Apple is selected. Going to navigation map from this state switches the map tiles automatically back to Apple.