Garmin GLO2

PeterKr

Hello,

As a happy user of Cachly since about 2 years, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Garmin Glo(2) or other external GPSr supported by Apple on the iPhone.

In the woods, my iPhone 7+, as well as most other phones, has a pretty lousy GPS-signal, where our Garmin Etrex20x has perfect reception. Truly a remarkable difference.

I'm looking into buying the Garmin Glo2 as external GPSr, since Cachly is far handier and quicker to work.

Maybe someone has experiece if this is supported, truly works in Cachly etc.

Grtz, Peter

Herewith I can confirm that the Garmin Glo2 works perfectly on the iPhone7+ with Cachly!

The difference in GPS-reception is very noticeable compared to the build-in GPS from the iphone itself. From a dwelling GPS loction under the trees to a fixed location within approx. 2 meters from the desired location. This is pretty much identical to the Garmin Oregon700 and Etrex20x.

Great news, this will enable me to get a precise location on my iPhone running Cachly, no more manual entering coordinates on the other Garmins anymore :D