Unable to download the Wherigo Cartridges.

CWillyPngn

Hi All:

I noticed lately when I use the Cachly App that I’ve been unable to download the cartridges from Wherigo.com. I can click on the link on the web site (using the Cachly App),which brings brings me to the Wherigo cartridge at wherigo.com. But when I select for cartridge file (“Pocket PC”) and then click “download now”, nothing happens.  I tried doing the same thing using the GS App, and I am able to download the wherigo cartridge with no issues.   Any ideas why this might be the case?

Great App btw....so much easier to navigate!  Keep up the great work! :)

Thanks!

CWillyPngn 

I'll take a stab at this but it could be a result of Cachly launching an internal browser vs calling out to Safari, Chrome, etc which would handle the situation. You can confirm this by going to the cache page on GC.com via your regular browser on iPhone, accessing the cache and then accessing the cartridge from that browser. 

The GC.com iPhone app , at least for the Whereigo cache near me, doesn't even display a link in the description to download the cartridge so I'm wondering which cache you were viewing in the GC app that allowed you to download it. 

Nic - What I think the situation is here is that there's a link in the cache description that takes you to a Wherigo page to download the cartridge. You can see the behavior by going to cache GC19M6B and in the description that is shown in Cachly is a link to the Wherigo page. That link opens in the embedded cachly browser and from there you'd log into the Wherigo site and download the cartridge, which is just a file. The cartridge needs to be loaded in the Whereigo player app, but in a regular browser on your phone you'd be able to download the file that would load into Wherigo. That download doesn't work in the embedded Cachly browser. 

I'm also interested in the posters comment how it can be done on the GC app because, at least for the cache I referenced, that cache link to download isn't displayed while it is more appropriately displayed in Cachly. 

Hi Team Demp, I tried your suggestion of accessing the cartridge from the browser and I was able to download the cartridge so maybe the download doesn't work in the Cachly browser?    As for the GC App, I was able to see the link in the Ramapo Tour Wherigo (GC19M6B) although you had to scroll down the page to see it.

7 minutes ago, CWillyPngn said:

As for the GC App, I was able to see the link in the Ramapo Tour Wherigo (GC19M6B) although you had to scroll down the page to see it.

Ahh - I had the Text button selected at the top of the Description tab in the GC.com app. When I switched to the Web view of the description the link was there. Thanks for pointing that out.