User Created Waypoints

LSbatman

I created several waypoints for a geocache in GSAK and exported the gpx file. I then imported the gpx file into Cachly and the additional waypoints do not appear. When I imported the same file into three other phone applications plus my Garmin 62s, the additional waypoints appeared. Any ideas on what is causing the problem?

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2016 at 3:26 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes it will. However I don't see a notation in the iCaching GPX files as to if a Waypoint is a user added waypoint, or a cache waypoint. Do you have insight on this?

Darn.  Still no user created waypoints imported to Cachly from an iCaching gpx file.   :(

57 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

I just tested this and iCaching waypoints do get imported correctly. They show up under Cache waypoints. Are you seeing this?

Nope.  Just to be clear, I'm talking about a waypoint created in iCaching and exported to a gpx file, then uploaded to Cachly.   I can resend the gpx file if you want to look at it again.  As I said in September, the file correctly shows the user created waypoint when plotted on Google Earth and on my GPSr.  

6 minutes ago, hidegoseek said:

Nope.  Just to be clear, I'm talking about a waypoint created in iCaching and exported to a gpx file, then uploaded to Cachly.   I can resend the gpx file if you want to look at it again.  As I said in September, the file correctly shows the user created waypoint when plotted on Google Earth and on my GPSr.  

Okay.  Forget what I said.  I recreated the file and tried it again and the waypoint is there.  Sorry for my confusion.

It shows up under the cache waypoint tab and I was expecting it under the user tab.  At first I didn't recognize it since it has no name, and I don't see an option to name the waypoint (like I can do when creating a waypoint within Cachly).  Any suggestions?  

2 hours ago, hidegoseek said:

It shows up under the cache waypoint tab and I was expecting it under the user tab.  At first I didn't recognize it since it has no name, and I don't see an option to name the waypoint (like I can do when creating a waypoint within Cachly).  Any suggestions?  

In the GPX data, there isn't an indication which Waypoints are cache waypoints or user waypoints. :(

Currently there isn't a way to edit imported waypoints, but I will for sure keep that feature in mind.