Navigating while offline

bransom

Two issues I'm having while using Cachly offline :

1. I load up an offline list including maps and I can scroll around the map. Once I select a cache and choose "Navigate," the map disappears. All that's left is my current location, the location of the cache, and a straight line, all on a blank background. Is this normal or correct, or am I doing something wrong?

2. If I have a offline list loaded and I exit Cachly to open another app, leaving it running in the background, then switch back to Cachly, I get the error message about being offline. To get back to the offline list, I have to go through the sequence of reloading that list. Shouldn't Cachly know I'm in an area previously saved and just load up the offline maps?

BTW: This is using iOS 9.3.5.

Thanks!

Edited by bransom
To add the iOS version.

2 hours ago, bransom said:

1. I load up an offline list including maps and I can scroll around the map. Once I select a cache and choose "Navigate," the map disappears. All that's left is my current location, the location of the cache, and a straight line, all on a blank background. Is this normal or correct, or am I doing something wrong?

This happens because when navigating to the cache, the map is zoomed in too far and there are not tiles available for that zoom level. Zoom about a bit to load those tiles. In our 2.0 version this will no longer be an issue.

2 hours ago, bransom said:

2. If I have a offline list loaded and I exit Cachly to open another app, leaving it running in the background, then switch back to Cachly, I get the error message about being offline. To get back to the offline list, I have to go through the sequence of reloading that list. Shouldn't Cachly know I'm in an area previously saved and just load up the offline maps?

This shouldn't happen, and I am not able to reproduce. Are you saying that Cachly opens back up to the same offline list as before and then shows the message? Or, after a while iOS has killed Cachly, and you have to reopen it (showing the startup splash screen) and then it shows the error?

5 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

This happens because when navigating to the cache, the map is zoomed in too far and there are not tiles available for that zoom level. Zoom about a bit to load those tiles. In our 2.0 version this will no longer be an issue.

This shouldn't happen, and I am not able to reproduce. Are you saying that Cachly opens back up to the same offline list as before and then shows the message? Or, after a while iOS has killed Cachly, and you have to reopen it (showing the startup splash screen) and then it shows the error?

1. It seems to happen regardless of zoom level, at least for me. Zooming up or down seems to make no difference. Meanwhile, I'll just wait for v2's release.

2. Now I can't duplicate it either but it happened at least a dozen times yesterday. I'm just testing at home now. I'll try to duplicate in the field over the next few days.

Thanks for the quick response!

1 minute ago, bransom said:

1. It seems to happen regardless of zoom level, at least for me. Zooming up or down seems to make no difference. Meanwhile, I'll just wait for v2's release.

Very strange. This shouldn't happen. 

1 minute ago, bransom said:

2. Now I can't duplicate it either but it happened at least a dozen times yesterday. I'm just testing at home now. I'll try to duplicate in the field over the next few days.

Thanks!