Opening screen view.

TheLF

2 hours ago, TheLF said:

When I open Cachly, the map is presented but it is showing France in the middle of the screen. To have it open to my current location, do I need to change a setting? 

Cachly uses the GPS info from your iPhone. Are you outside with a good signal? On the main Live screen, if you tap the arrow icon in the bottom right of the map screen, it will take you to the current location. If it leaves you in France, your phone's GPS thinks you are in France.

2 hours ago, TheLF said:

ALSO...  It does not show caches until I press the refresh button.

Launch Cachly and then tap ... More in the bottom right of the main live screen. Tap Settings and then enable the option for Automatic Search On Start. That will load caches when you do a search. 

13 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

What did you mean by it is showing France in the middle of the ocean?

It should zoom to your current locarion and load unless you have the Automatic search on start option turned off.  

Im pretty sure it is being caused by a setting somewhere, but have not been able to figure it out. Both of my devises do the same thing.  Of course recently, both iOS & Cachly have been updated on the same date by me. I needed to complete a backup on my devices before doing the updates, so I’m not able to say just when this started, other than it did start after the updates. Just to be clear... backup, iOS and Cachly were all completed during the same timeframe, on both devices.

As Team DEMP stated, the arrow icon does move/change the screen to my location.

Another point of interest is - I can move the global map that is presented when opening Cachly, and my position is accurately showing via the blue dot. I think this indicates the GPS in my device is working fine.

The attached screenshots are the opening screen  and the settings page indicating that  “Automatic Search on Start” is turned on. (the same on both devices)

iOS 12.1.4.   on both iPad Pro & iPhone 6S

Cachly 5.0.4(1)

492C4913-7CFB-494A-940B-3DA5F38488B2.png

DA160FD0-15C9-4810-B7B9-EB014C59A998.png