refreshing offline list

geo-knot

If you select a list and go to the map view you have an 'Update Caches' and a 'Load Cache images' option in the '...' menu (not sure about the english names). Perhaps this helps you.

But I would like to do more then this when updateing an offline list. I have several ofline lists that are copies of PQ's. Now, whenever I want to update these lists, I have to first download the updated PQ, (with new caches added or old caches removed) then go to my offline lists and delete the old copy of my PQ. It would be so much easier to request an updated list (with new and removed caches) right at the list.

It would be nice if copies of online lists would in some sort 'remember' that they are only a copy of an online list (or PQ) and be automatically replaced by the new download. A synchronization in both ways (see official Geocaching app) would be even better. But I understand if Nic wants to keep the strict separation between online lists offline lists. So what about this solution:

Two sorts of offline lists ...

1.) You download an online list/PQ. You now have an offline copy (lets call it linked offline list, with a little chain/link icon) that cannot be modified/managed (add/remove) caches. Of cause you could update the information of the caches that are in the list but the list itself can only be replaced by a new copy of the online list/PQ. This could be an option of the offline list (update list or get latest version or whatever). Of cause it can be deleted if you don't want it on your phone any longer.

2.) You create an offline list. This list is comletely managed on your mobile device and you can add or remove caches at will. That's the way it is now.

Any comments on this?

Best,
David

2 hours ago, DrDaffy said:

You download an online list/PQ. You now have an offline copy (lets call it linked offline list, with a little chain/link icon) that cannot be modified/managed (add/remove) caches. Of cause you could update the information of the caches that are in the list but the list itself can only be replaced by a new copy of the online list/PQ. This could be an option of the offline list (update list or get latest version or whatever). Of cause it can be deleted if you don't want it on your phone any longer.

I do agree that this would be a cool addition to offline lists. I will make a note of it for consideration.