2X Map Scaling

kosunde

Question

I have just moved from CacheBird to Cachly 5.0. Custom Tile maps are really important to me, as I want to use the best maps available. But I am really missing the 2X Map Scaling option from CacheBird in Cachly. The maps in Cachly are really hard to read on the high resolution screen on my phone, as they are displayed in 1X (1 pixel in the tile image is displayed as 1 pixel on the screen). The problem is the same with all kind of maps, Google, Apple, OSM and my custom maps. I would therefore like to see a 2X Map Scaling also in Cachly (1 pixel in the tile image is displayed as 4 pixels on the screen).  2X maps are far more readable, but of cause a little more blurry as the are resampled. I am attatching 3 screen dumps from my phone, 1X and 2X maps from CacheBird and 1X from Cachly. 

CacheBird1X.PNG

CacheBird2X..PNG

Cachly1X.PNG

2 answers to this question

This is actually the only feature that I am currently missing in Cachly. The legibility on all types of maps are very poor in 1x, even on iPad. The  iOS accessibility  options increases the zoom to possibly 1.25x, far from enough. And a general zoom of the entire IOS UI is actually not what I want. The map is the only problem.