*|find_count|* in Log Templates

kosunde

I am used to start all my fount it logs with my find number and the time of day, e.g. #8072@17:26. In my log template I have therefore added  two keywords: #*|find_count|*@*|time_short|*. Strangely enough *|find_count|* for my first draft of the day displays my current number of finds, not the number of finds this particular log will become. The next drafts increases the number of finds with one. Because of this, I have to correct the find number in all my logs manually before they are posted to geocaching.com. Is this a bug in Cachly, or am I doing something wrong?

14 hours ago, TeamLareau said:

Where does the  *|find_count|* total come from? Geocaching.com shows I have a higher number than what is displayed in the cachly generated log. 

This comes from the API and also an internal calculation when you do things like submit Drafts or save pending logs.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, TeamLareau said:

I only do 1 log at a time, with nothing pending - the count is off by 8 as compared to what geocaching.com is showing. Did you know, does the API show a different number than what is displayed in the profile?

No, the API doesn’t give a different number than what is in your profile. If you restart Cachly is this fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

I've the same problem.
I always use drafts to log. while with version 4 the numbers of find was correct in the drafts (geocaching finds + 1) with version 5.x it's not.
In cachly/profil the #funde is equal to the one in geocaching.com, so when creating a draft it should increase the number by one.

I close (but not logout) & kill cachly after a trip and reopen it for a new day, so it should be actual because I'm also working with "live".
using version 5.0.4(1) on iOS12.1.4

hope that helps to solve the ugly error

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, kosunde said:

I am used to start all my fount it logs with my find number and the time of day, e.g. #8072@17:26. In my log template I have therefore added  two keywords: #*|find_count|*@*|time_short|*. Strangely enough *|find_count|* for my first draft of the day displays my current number of finds, not the number of finds this particular log will become. The next drafts increases the number of finds with one. Because of this, I have to correct the find number in all my logs manually before they are posted to geocaching.com. Is this a bug in Cachly, or am I doing something wrong?

Exact same.

Standing by. 

Can't wait. I frequently have this problem. Once I thougt it was my fault because I created my drafts in the wrong order. But often this is not the case. I simply open Cachly start writing a log and the counting is one off. Sometimes it helps to go back to the map and then back to the pending logs. Sometimes I have to close Cachly and sometimes I fix it manually.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have a problem with find_count. 

The find_count number is too high, but the shift is more or less arbitrary. Sometimes ~30, sometimes ~5-9. I see no clear dependence. 

I tried to restart cachly, log off from geocaching account.

Even if I do the following procedure, the number changes:

- press 'Log Geocache' and the  preview
- cancel logging (without saving) and the again to 'log geocach' and again preview

When I then send the log, the number from the last preview will be logged...

So, if you could solve the problem or tell me how I can work around, would be great!

Greetings,

Marc.