on map: target line does not terminate at my position

geo-knot

Perhaps this is by design...  As the GPS gets a better (or worse) signal, the blue dot slowly drifts around as if it's position is an average of the last several readings.  The red line on the other hand seems to update abruptly.  The result is that the line and the dot sometimes don't line up which can result in a somewhat confusing situation. (see image)

IMG_4229.PNG

Does this always happen for you? The reason you are seeing this is that the dot and line are drawn differently. The dot is completely controlled by the map framework. The line we draw ourselves on each location update. So because of this they might slightly be different if you are really zoomed in but should sync back up quickly. 

This happened again today.  This time I took a screen recording of it.  The line was going to a completely different place and just hanging out there.  Really strange. It was on a google map when it happened.  Then I changed to an apple map, and the problem went away.  I switched back to google, and it was fine.

I uploaded it to dropbox here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp6dg6ehnrskry0/ScreenRecording_03-14-2019 14-31-49.MP4?dl=0

I won't leave it there forever, so if you want it somewhere else, just let me know.

Ben

OK, just thought I'd give you a heads up.  Incidentally, you probably saw in the screen recording where things start to move about half way through.  The blue dot accurately reflected my location.  The red line seemed to be doing its own thing which did not quite compute.  So it's not totally clear to me that the map was off here.