Trouble getting Applewatch app working

LindaL

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the Applewatch complication to work. I have the latest watch with cellular and software version 4.32. Cachly is installed on a iPhone X with iOS 11.4.1. I have Cachly running on my phone, signed in to geocaching.com. On the phone, I have selected a nearby cache and set it as my target.

I opened the watch complication and pressed the Nearby button to find some more caches. I get the error message "data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format." I press the Current button and get a different error message, "Missing Geocache Please load a geocache on your IOS device.” I press the Saved button and I get "No Saved Caches". I press the Lists button and I see the two lists from my IOS APP. if I press one of the list names, I get the caches in the list and I can select individual caches.

Seems like the only thing that's working is Lists. How can I get the other buttons on my watch working? I've already tried logging out and in to Geocaching.com as well as resetting my phone and watch. Any help is appreciated. I'd really like to try out using the watch app. Thanks.

I run into this from time to time but usually closing Cachly on my iPhone and relaunching it allows the Nearby function to work again.

For the Current function, it's been hit or miss for me too, and the developer is aware. I could use it 3-4 times without incident and then I might hit the error you posted about or it might show the last cache that was selected on the iphone and not the current cache. Lists work fine but it seems to re-load from scratch each time. Lists is also, to me, preferred as I can keep my iphone tucked away and just use the watch. 

Maybe the developer will comment further. 

4 hours ago, LindaL said:

I get the error message "data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format.

I haven't ever seen this error before. Have you gotten results to show here before?

I press the Saved button and I get "No Saved Caches"

This is if you have saved caches on your watch. Meaning, when you view a cache, hard press and choose Save.

I press the Current button and get a different error message, "Missing Geocache Please load a geocache on your IOS device.

Did you try loading a cache on your phone then returning to the watch and tapping the Current button?