Coordinate projection when off line (no cell coverage)

Highlands_guy

I did a search, but didn't find an answer on this.

I was out of cell coverage on the weekend and tried to do a coordinate projection on Cachly but it came back with an error that indicated I had to have internet connection. This was also the case when I tried to enter coordinates for the second stage of a multi-cache. 

Is there a way to do projections or add coordinates when outside of cell coverage?

Thanks.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:55 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, just turn Airplane Mode on. Cachly is still sensing that you are not completely in a No Service area so it tries to save the Waypoint.

Let's say I travel from US to Canada. With my cell plan in can get calls but have no data. If I run off cellular data off completely instead of just roaming mode like @Highlands_guy tried, how would Cachly behave?

13 hours ago, Bolling said:

Let's say I travel from US to Canada. With my cell plan in can get calls but have no data. If I run off cellular data off completely instead of just roaming mode like @Highlands_guy tried, how would Cachly behave?

Cachly can always save waypoints offline. The issue occurs when Cachly detects a cell signal.

1 minute ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Cachly can always save waypoints offline. The issue occurs when Cachly detects a cell signal.

From which I infer that in his hypothetical of cell but no data plan, Cachly will attempt to save the waypoint and fail. Is it then saved offline and synced later?

1 hour ago, rragan said:

From which I infer that in his hypothetical of cell but no data plan, Cachly will attempt to save the waypoint and fail. Is it then saved offline and synced later?

Yes, it might would attempt then fail but likely would know there is no data connection so would save the waypoint offline for syncing later.