Cachly v4.3.1 plus improvements

ferda-mravenec

Hello @Nic Hubbard.

I have just downloaded new version of Cachly and here are my thoughts.

1. Onine list tab is useless for basic members. Would it be possible to hide the tab if currently logged in user is not a premium meber?
  2. Online list tab message leaks to Offline list tab
    IMG_0464.thumb.PNG.ec5585082406f76a010af88bbeb6dbb7.PNG
  3. In a different threadyou mentioned, that there will be an option to "Move filtered Caches" in v4.3. But there is no such an option available.

Dunno whether following are related to v4.3.1:

1. For some found caches, I see "Cache Found!" label, for some "Found *date*" and for some "Log this Cache" even though all the caches have been logged through Cachly. Please note, that "Milovska cahe" is highlighted with smile icon indicating that I found the cache, but once I open the cache, there is nothing about my find.
    IMG_0465_.thumb.PNG.e9f90eeea5e51d76b83596d34697daf6.PNG  IMG_0466__.thumb.PNG.247ac3e813b1be403848e2fe62130bf8.PNG  IMG_0468___.thumb.PNG.e9060550d2208ac00684971e02769a60.PNG  IMG_0467____.thumb.jpg.2da641adce5e1c0016089fabe0d26c94.jpg
  2. Once I want to see the log from a particular cache, I open the cache and click "Cache Found" button (or whatever it currently displays) and new screen opens with "Log Cache". This is not intuitive because one can think it will navigate him/her to the log he/she submitted. What about keeping the button the same label "Log this Cache" and add next clickable row with "Own Logs" to the cache detail (somewhere above "Logs") which will display all own logs?

Anyway I am happy you are still adding new features and making the app better.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, ferda-mravenec said:
  • Onine list tab is useless for basic members. Would it be possible to hide the tab if currently logged in user is not a premium meber?
  • Online list tab message leaks to Offline list tab

Will fix the label issue. I don't want to remove the Online tab at the moment no, reminding users of the value of Premium membership is always a good thing. :)

you mentioned, that there will be an option to "Move filtered Caches" in v4.3. But there is no such an option available.

Yes, you can add Filtered caches to other lists. When you have filtered caches just tap the "Add to List" option and it will give you further options, one of which is to save Filtered Caches.

For some found caches, I see "Cache Found!" label, for some "Found *date*" and for some "Log this Cache" even though all the caches have been logged through Cachly. Please note, that "Milovska cahe" is highlighted with smile icon indicating that I found the cache, but once I open the cache, there is nothing about my find.

You are looking at three different states here. One happens right after you log a cache, it should say "Cache Found". Viewing a previously found cache will show the data. And if you have not logged the cache as found it won't show either. In your case you have a pending log (checkmark) so it won't yet say it is found.

Once I want to see the log from a particular cache, I open the cache and click "Cache Found" button (or whatever it currently displays) and new screen opens with "Log Cache". This is not intuitive because one can think it will navigate him/her to the log he/she submitted. What about keeping the button the same label "Log this Cache" and add next clickable row with "Own Logs" to the cache detail (somewhere above "Logs") which will display all own logs?

I do not feel that this isn't intuitive. This has been in Cachly since 1.0. Would be interested to hear what others think too.

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to jump to my own logs for a cache from the cache details screen, but I would not want the button in the upper left to be the way to do that. I think it would be more confusing if that button suddenly changed to something other than the mechanism to post a log since that's what it has always been.

11 hours ago, ACME WildCachers said:

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to jump to my own logs for a cache from the cache details screen, but I would not want the button in the upper left to be the way to do that. I think it would be more confusing if that button suddenly changed to something other than the mechanism to post a log since that's what it has always been.

This may be touching on the idea of being able to see one's own log on any found cache at any time. It has been discussed here and would require Cachly to keep a copy of your Log text in the DB (or a logs DB). Retrieving your log text from some years back is tricky otherwise. Suggested workaround was to place your MyFinds query into an offline list (and refresh it periodically). That query contains all your logs on Found caches. Sadly, it does not give me access to my DNF or note logs.