Dropbox gives "error importing" but it works exporting

Feel free to move this to support forum if you feel it belongs there.  I've had the following problem for over a year, but finally sitting down to deal with it.  I cannot import from Dropbox if starting in Cachly, however, if I start in Dropbox, I can export to Cachly.  This happens on both my iPhone 6S Plus & iPad Air2.

FACTS:

GSAK 8.7.1.66 used to create GPX file from larger database of collected PQs from GC.    This GPX file works fine in all other programs in computer & apps in devices.  ex:  Garmin Mapsouce program.  Geosphere app.   Windows 10 computer.

iPhone 6S Plus & iPad Air2.   Both running iOS 11.4 currently.   Both Cachly app ver 4.2.1.   Both Dropbox app ver 98.2.2.

But the following has been happening on same devices for over a year.  Noticed as early as Cachly ver 2 maybe.

METHODS:

1.  IMPORTING starting in Cachly.  Open Cachly app.  Tap more,,,    Tap Import from Dropbox.  Tap the GPX file in dropbox.   Says "creating link".  Then "error importing.  Importing file types must be GPX.  Other files cannot be import in Cachly."

2.  EXPORTING starting in Dropbox.   Open Dropbox app.  Files.  Tap the GPX file.  Tap the 3 dots more menu.  Tap Export.  Select "Open in".  Select "copy to Cachly".  iPhone switches over to Cachly app on Import GPX screen where you choose the offline list.  Proceed as usual & everything works fine.

Side note:  Though I haven't tried it recently, my recollection was that if file was small enough to be emailed, that importing from email also worked fine.

So, thoughts?   I'm creating the GPX file in GSAK the same way I've been doing it ever since started caching in 2002, or whatever year GSAK came out, which ever was latest.  Its worked in a multitude of programs, devices & apps in those 16 yrs.   I've searched this forum, but I seem to be only one with the issue, so I'm guessing its on my end somehow.  What else to try?

I have never seen issues with importing to Cachly from Dropbox using the Import from Dropbox option in the More tab. Are you using the latest version of Cachly and latest Dropbox app? 

What errors do you get? The size of the GPX doesn't matter and wouldn't prevent this.

So far, its happened on all GPX files I've tried it on.  The only zipped GPX file I have is the All my Finds file that Groudspeak sends, its doing it on that too.  I'm sending you a GPX file I had exported from GSAK database.  Its just a handful of caches selected from a larger database of collected Pocket Queries.

Ok, I deleted & reinstalled both apps just now.  Signed out & signed back into both.  Also tried a new export of just 1 single traditional cache.  All no go.  Same error.

Oh well.  Don't worry about it.  Its working the other way, and I've lived it for over a year, so not end of the world.

I love Cachly.  I've tried all the apps over the years, and your rocks. I go back to the stone age before paperless was even a thought.  Printouts.  Then Cachemate on an old Sony palm pilot.  I test lots of apps but I keep coming back.  Cachly has come the furthest the fastest & keeps improving with things I never even knew I wanted.  Thanks for trying with my stupid bug issue.