Themes for offline maps; Move filtered caches; POI support

ferda-mravenec

Question

Hello.

While using the app, I am missing some usefull features I was used to on Android platform.

1. Themes for offline vector maps (discussed here: http://www.cach.ly/support/index.php?/topic/915-custom-offline-maps/)
  2. Support for moving filtered caches. Now if I apply a filter to a list of caches, there is an option to "Delete Filtered Caches" only. I am used to gather all "Found it" caches in one separate list, so it will be great if there will be an option to "Move Filtered Caches" as well.
  3. Support for POI. While travelling, I was creating POIs at some interresting points with a note, a picture etc. Would it be possible to add support for POIs?

Thank you.

19 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

Support for moving filtered caches. Now if I apply a filter to a list of caches, there is an option to "Delete Filtered Caches" only. I am used to gather all "Found it" caches in one separate list, so it will be great if there will be an option to "Move Filtered Caches" as well.

This will be available in 4.3.

28 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

Support for POI. While travelling, I was creating POIs at some interresting points with a note, a picture etc. Would it be possible to add support for POIs?

What did you mean by this?

23 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

This will be available in 4.3.

Great!! Thank you!

23 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

What did you mean by this?

Something like Saved Locations, but with a bit more features, the features not tied to geocaching only. So I can easily create new List of points and each point will have name, location, note, picture, icon, etc. So I can display them all (or based on filter) within a map. Basicaly they will be GPX waypoints.

15 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

Something like Saved Locations, but with a bit more features, the features not tied to geocaching only. So I can easily create new List of points and each point will have name, location, note, picture, icon, etc. So I can display them all (or based on filter) within a map. Basicaly they will be GPX waypoints.

Yes. In offline lists you can create caches with all that info with the exception of adding a photo.

59 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

I know, but I am not talking about caches. I would like to create a POI without providing Cache code, Placed by username, Difficulty, and so on. Just simple POI without geocaching metadata.

Well, since we already have Saved Locations and creatable offline geocaches, I don't see an additional POI option being created. If anything we would enhance the create geocache option to include images. 

26 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Well, since we already have Saved Locations and creatable offline geocaches, I don't see an additional POI option being created. If anything we would enhance the create geocache option to include images. 

You have my vote on this. There's already a good backlog of enhancements that support Geocaching which is the primary function most of us want. 

7 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

In that case, would it be possible to to somehow link Saved locations with offline lists? So I can display them all at once?

No, they currently are their own object in the database and I don't have plans to allow them to be added under an offline list.

Sorry about that!

2 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

What @rragan meant was that you do not have to put GC in the front, you can use anything. The Cache Code is required because that is the key used in the database for that record.

Ah, ok. so still have to fill it up. Will try it with my scenario.

1 minute ago, Nic Hubbard said:

No, they currently are their own object in the database and I don't have plans to allow them to be added under an offline list.

Sorry about that!

:(  Finger crossed for future, future, future release :)

Thank for reply.

Hello.

I know it's an old thread, but want to ask something.

I was out for a geocaching trip today and have struggled a bit with moving caches between lists. I simply found no way ho to:

1) move/copy a single cache into a different offline list.

2) move/copy filtered caches into a different offline list.

I know i've seen this option in the past, but didn't find this option in the current version of Cachly. Am I blind?

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

1) move/copy a single cache into a different offline list.

You can hard press on the map callout or the cache in list view and it will give you an option to add to another list. Or, if you are viewing the cache details, tap the add to list button on the top right of the screen. It is the second button that has a plus on it:

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.53.48 AM.png

9 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

2) move/copy filtered caches into a different offline list.

When viewing the filtered list, tap the ... button and choose "Add to List".

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

You can hard press on the map callout or the cache in list view and it will give you an option to add to another list. Or, if you are viewing the cache details, tap the add to list button on the top right of the screen. It is the second button that has a plus on it:

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.53.48 AM.png

This will copy the cache only. How to move it?

1 hour ago, Nic Hubbard said:

When viewing the filtered list, tap the ... button and choose "Add to List".

I see no such a button (I expect it's not the ... button on the bottom panel which navigates to the Cachly's settings):

IMG_1339.thumb.PNG.1c88706aa6672e9f71b8a61c82521306.PNG

On 4/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, ferda-mravenec said:

This will copy the cache only. How to move it?

You cannot. If it exists in another list you cannot move it, it will always be in both lists.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, ferda-mravenec said:

I see no such a button (I expect it's not the ... button on the bottom panel which navigates to the Cachly's settings):

Make sure you are on the Map View:

IMG_C97564412B47-1 2.jpeg

On 4/23/2019 at 2:54 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

You cannot. If it exists in another list you cannot move it, it will always be in both lists.

So the only way how to simulate "move" action is to "copy" to another list and then "delete" from the first one? Hmm, from an user perspective, that is "unexpected". Are you planning to add this "feature"?

On 4/23/2019 at 2:54 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Make sure you are on the Map View:

IMG_C97564412B47-1 2.jpeg

Got it. Thanks. Btw, another "unexpected" behavior from an user perspective.

13 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

So the only way how to simulate "move" action is to "copy" to another list and then "delete" from the first one? Hmm, from an user perspective, that is "unexpected". Are you planning to add this "feature"?

No, not planning to add this feature currently. Add to list copies, it doesn't mean move to list. Possibly in the future.

13 minutes ago, ferda-mravenec said:

Got it. Thanks. Btw, another "unexpected" behavior from a user perspective.

List view and map view have different contexts. When in list view, the ... button options do not apply, just as when in list view the sort button does not apply to the map.