cego features

ar3

Hi, just landing on iPhone zone :)  i looking for a app that have some features that i really liked from geo app.

I search a bit for this features but i cannot find any description with this info:

- when looking on the logs of a cache, log of the geocaching friends logs apear in a special window

- correct coordinates of a multi cache or mystery, update also the GC website

- using offline maps from open street maps

Does cachly have these features?

7 minutes ago, ar3 said:

- when looking on the logs of a cache, log of the geocaching friends logs apear in a special window

Unfortunately no, the geocaching.com API doesn't have this ability.

8 minutes ago, ar3 said:

correct coordinates of a multi cache or mystery, update also the GC website

Yes!

8 minutes ago, ar3 said:

using offline maps from open street maps

Yes!

10 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Unfortunately no, the geocaching.com API doesn't have this ability.

Yes!

Yes!

Hello Nic,

But cant you do it has CGEO does? this info is only available when you save offline the caches. In some way CGEO is accessing your friends list in GC.com and then search for it on the logs. There is also a chrome extension that have the same feature( Geocaching.com Friends! ). This is a cool feature because when you are searching for a cache and you are not finding it, you can see who from your friends did already the cache and call them for a HD.

Is cachly translated to Portuguese already?

4 hours ago, ar3 said:

But cant you do it has CGEO does?

No I can't. Reason being, c:geo is not an official partner app. They don't use the geocaching.com API. Therefore they use screen scraping from website screens to get their data. We cannot do this or we would loose our partner license. 

4 hours ago, ar3 said:

Is cachly translated to Portuguese already?

Yes it is. :)

He does specify only offline for this feature. Offline caches store some number of logs (is it 30?).  Couldn't you match the Cachly friends list against those logs and flag that "friends have found it" with a way to see their logs from the offline set? 30 logs can go back a long time unless it is a very active cache so odds are good you would see your friends finds.