Wherigo player

Carrot Killer

Question

24 answers to this question

I've done a couple of them and though I'm sure a better user experience can be achieved, the amount of Wherigo caches and cachers is a tiny fraction of the other cache types. An effort, which is likely rather significant, would take away the limited resources from helping a much larger audience.

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

I haven't seen one of those get placed in years... they are a thing of the past!   Last time I did a wherigo I dragged it into notepad and saw the final coordinates in plain text and saved myself a whole lot of time and effort!

Not sure where you are located, but you can use Project-GC to see activity of new caches. Wherigo caches placed by day in the US is viewable at https://project-gc.com/Statistics/HiddenPerDate?country=United+States&type[]=Wherigo+Cache&submit=Filter . But as I noted in my initial reply, the activity is a tiny percentage of new caches placed or caches that are found.  There are many 1000's active in the US. 

I'm also not aware of dropping a Wherigo cartridge into notepad and the final coords being visible, but I never looked that hard. 

9 minutes ago, bearpanda said:

There are many wherigos in my country (Czechia) and people are still creating new ones. With the official Wherigo app missing from the App Store right now I don't have any chance of playing these. 
I think playing wherigos in Cachly would be much better experience :)

HQ announced that an updated player for iOS will be released fairly soon. So stayed tuned for that.

29 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

HQ announced that an updated player for iOS will be released fairly soon. So stayed tuned for that.

I know about that. But it would still be nice to be able to have as much functions as possible in one great working and great looking Cachly app, without the need of downloading other apps.

2 minutes ago, bearpanda said:

I know about that. But it would still be nice to be able to have as much functions as possible in one great working and great looking Cachly app, without the need of downloading other apps.

I worked on the new HQ Wherigo app, so hopefully it is a good compromise. Integrating a Wherigo player into Cachly isn't something that is planned.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

Right now this isn't something that we are focused on. Maybe in the future, but the high level of testing and development time for a relatively low use feature isn't something I can focus on right now.

We hope the app come this year :)

On 5/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, Nic Hubbard said:

I worked on the newly released HQ Wherigo app. Make sure to give that one a try. :)

Hi,

I gave it a try and hoped it will work better then the old one. The user experience is better but the Wherigo GC68GHM still does not work on iPhone. Should a Wherigo cartridge not run independent of the platform/OS it is played on?

Best,

David

Regarding unlock code.
We played Wherigo cartridge in this excellent iPhone app. Finally we gained an unlock code, but it was not accepted by wherigo.com page. Then we played this cartridge again with Oregon 550 and gained different unlock code (nick name was the same). This code was accepted by wherigo.com page. 

What we did wrong with app?

thanks

1 hour ago, DrDaffy said:

The user experience is better but the Wherigo GC68GHM still does not work on iPhone.

Do you have specifics about this?

1 hour ago, DrDaffy said:

Should a Wherigo cartridge not run independent of the platform/OS it is played on?

Not necessarily. There are many frameworks out there that run the Lua code that is inside of the cartridges. 

I collected old printscreens and notes related to the wigo  https://coord.info/GC5TTH8 and now I'm announcing the end of the alarm! 
I apologize for wasting your time.

I tried to enter the code from the app printscreen into the form at wherigo.com and it passed. I had to make a mistake in the field while copying the unlock code from the application screen.

Actually, I don't know how to copy the unlock code from the application to wherigo.com, is the code copyable?

Have a nice time
Ivan

36 minutes ago, DrDaffy said:

The cartridge starts, at the beginning I get instructions and at the end of the instructions there is a ‘Start’ button. When I press the button the app closes. 

Which cartridge? It looks like there are quite a few cartridges on that cache page.