Constant crashing

Justustwo

Third time now so getting to be an issue. First time the app started crashing we thought it was because we had too many lists on the app. We had several so we unloaded the app and re installed.

Last time it started crashing we didn't have that many lists so we reduced the amount of caches we keep on the device. We re installed. 

Started today once again to crash after load up. Six times in a row now so I know we are going to have to reinstall. 

We only have lists on now and below a 1000 caches contained on those three lists. It's only been week or two between crash sessions and when we reinstall all lists are lost and we have to start again. Getting a bit tiring now, can you help?

Cachly version 1.1.7 (1)

IOS 9.3.5 

Very sorry that this is happening!

We have not seen this issue before and have not had any other reports of this happening, so I want to get to the bottom of it. A few questions:

• What is your GC username?
  • Does it always crash on startup? If not, did it consistently crash in one spot in the app? Where?
  • Are you offline, on Wifi or cell data?
  • What iPhone do you use?

Thanks, and again, very sorry about this issue.

Nic

Thank you for quick response. Our username is Just-us-Two. The app is installed on my iPhone 6 and it's on 4G or wifi happens on both. 

The app starts and initially I can operate it. Select offline list etc then the app freezes for several seconds before crashes returning me to start screen. 

Thanks

Ken

1 hour ago, Justustwo said:

Thank you for quick response. Our username is Just-us-Two. The app is installed on my iPhone 6 and it's on 4G or wifi happens on both. 

The app starts and initially I can operate it. Select offline list etc then the app freezes for several seconds before crashes returning me to start screen. 

Can I assume that it always crashes when you have tapped an offline list and it is trying to load the map?

Looking in our error logs I am seeing your crash so I will get working on fixing it. 

Is this an Offline List that you could share with me, such as a bookmark list or PQ? If not, how did you create it? I want to try to replicate it on my system.

7 minutes ago, Justustwo said:

Nic

At the moment it crashes no matter what I do. I was at the time trying to access a saved local list but since your post I have tried just as it starts the app to access a random cache and it crashes. I have made a video but don't know how to upload.

Ken

Could you email the video to support@cach.ly?

I had an issue weeks ago that was taken care of with reinstalling.  Something weird had happened in updating.

I thought I had another this weekend as it was taking what seemed like forever to load up and run.  But once going it ran fine.  When I got home I found the issue to be an offline PQ.  So I just need to remember that when using an offline PQ (or whatever it's called), that on my phone it takes a little longer to load up.

Supposed to be upgrading phones sometime in the near future, so maybe that issue will go away for me.

2 hours ago, Electric Water Boy said:

I had an issue weeks ago that was taken care of with reinstalling.  Something weird had happened in updating.

I thought I had another this weekend as it was taking what seemed like forever to load up and run.  But once going it ran fine.  When I got home I found the issue to be an offline PQ.  So I just need to remember that when using an offline PQ (or whatever it's called), that on my phone it takes a little longer to load up.

Supposed to be upgrading phones sometime in the near future, so maybe that issue will go away for me.

When you had issues, it was during startup? I want to make sure to try to get to the bottom of this, even if it isn't happening anymore.

Yes, startup.  That's why I'm thinking it was just taking longer loading an Offline PQ.  Without it, Cachly is reading to go in a little over 10 seconds.  With it takes about a day and a half - ok, it just felt that way, but it was over a minute.  Quite a bit of data to load up.  I'm quite convinced that was the deal, because once it was loaded up it ran normally.

So the problem was an impatient user.

2 hours ago, Electric Water Boy said:

That's why I'm thinking it was just taking longer loading an Offline PQ.

But on startup Cachly doesn't load Offline PQ automatically. So that can't be the issue.

I think I have found what is going on and will have my beta testers try it later today.