Edit Logs

diorex

Question

From the logs screen I can see the logs I have entered, would like to be able to change log type or edit contents of a log.

Most common use case is entering a DNF then forgetting to change log to DNF so it gets logged as a found. As it stands now, we need to remember and change log once we get home, would like to be able to edit log type as soon as the error is realized.

5 answers to this question

From a practical point if view it might be better to save you logs while out caching and when you get home go to the list in Pending Logs and look at each log again before submitting. 

I find that useful as I find I want to edit the message on a few caches, add some pictures and let my TBS visit a cache or two once I get home and have more time to consider the logs 

4 hours ago, ChrisDen said:

From a practical point if view it might be better to save you logs while out caching and when you get home go to the list in Pending Logs and look at each log again before submitting. 

I find that useful as I find I want to edit the message on a few caches, add some pictures and let my TBS visit a cache or two once I get home and have more time to consider the logs 

That's the approach I used on Saturday for a 30 cache day.

My suggestion above will achieve the same result as a draft. All that is different is that you will have to go to geocaching.com to do your final edits and submission.

I never use the drafts facility so I do not know how it handles trackables logs and images that will go with your draft cache log to geocahing.com

My preference is to do as much as I can in Cachly