View attributes in cache summary

Raiden38

Question

Hi. As I use the iPad app to prepare my cache list (thanks for 4.0 btw!), something that would be really useful for me is to be able to see the attributes directly on the summary pop up of the cache. Here, in canada, the Winter attributes is quite important, as non-winter cache would probably be burried under 3ft of snow, so there is no point on getting them. Now I have to click on the cache icon, then click on the summary, then click on attributes. Quite long when you look at multiple caches to plan the trip.

My suggestion would be to add a small version of the attributes icons under the Difficulty icons in the cache summary pop up (see attached file)

Thanks!

241F8BB4-8798-4A59-A90D-0D2E2FC1D157.jpeg

8 answers to this question

Thanks Nic. I don't use all 5000 API calls a day so having an option for "Full Cache Downloading" when looking at the map could be a good idea. And then the attributes icons could appear under difficulty icons. Or you can maybe do an option to get full cache info when you click on it? Or just at a certain zoom level?

Awesome!

Hi Nic,

I was thinking of this idea and perhaps you could just put attributed that are disabled. Here is a quick photoshop example. For us, with all the snow, it's a good thing to know quick if it's available in winter. However, I think that showing all disable attributes would be helpful for everyone. And there should have maybe a maximum of 3-4 icons, maybe the most relevant (attributes like winter where you will definitely not find the cache)

IMG_5671.jpg

1 minute ago, Raiden38 said:

However, I think that showing all disable attributes would be helpful for everyone.

It is very hard to know how everyone would prefer a feature like this. So I am not sure how to address it yet.

As an alternative for you, why not create a Pocket Query that uses the attributes option to only includes caches that are available in the winter?

17 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

It is very hard to know how everyone would prefer a feature like this. 

Attributes are quite important as some disabled attributes makes the cache impossible to reach. Having the information when you look at the map is much easier (quicker)  then clicking on the cache, then clicking on attributes to get the information... 

As an alternative for you, why not create a Pocket Query that uses the attributes option to only includes caches that are available in the winter?

Yes, that's what I am doing so far...

Anyways, it's just an idea... Just wanted to show you an example of the look.

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, Raiden38 said:

Attributes are quite important as some disabled attributes makes the cache impossible to reach. Having the information when you look at the map is much easier (quicker)  then clicking on the cache, then clicking on attributes to get the information... 

Yes, that's what I am doing so far...

Anyways, it's just an idea... Just wanted to show you an example of the look.

Thanks for your help!

Appreciate your suggestions. It for sure is on the list to consider. :)