Archived Event on map

hidegoseek

This is weird.  An archived event (from June) shows up in Cachly and won't go away.  It's on my phone and my iPad, so I don't think it's localized to one device.  I can put it on an ignore list for a workaround, but it shouldn't be there.  I have no lists or PQ's that contain the event, so I'm perplexed.  

Can you provide the GC code for the event that is showing up?   I'll look it up and see if it shows up . If so, it's possibly not cachly but the data being sent back from GC.com . It will help troubleshoot, not that I work for Cachly so I can't fix it if it is an app issue. 

1 hour ago, hidegoseek said:

This is weird.  An archived event (from June) shows up in Cachly and won't go away.  It's on my phone and my iPad, so I don't think it's localized to one device.  I can put it on an ignore list for a workaround, but it shouldn't be there.  I have no lists or PQ's that contain the event, so I'm perplexed.  

I have seen this happen before, and I am convinced it is a geocaching.com API issue. 

10 minutes ago, hidegoseek said:

The event that won't die is:  GC6JKJ9

Using Cachly 1.1.7 (1) on a 5s running iOS 9.3.4

Ah ok, I didn't see you mention before that this was an archived cache. Currently Cachly doesn't hide these types of caches. I will add a new search option to hide these in 2.0. Thanks for helping with this!

4 hours ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Ah ok, I didn't see you mention before that this was an archived cache. Currently Cachly doesn't hide these types of caches. I will add a new search option to hide these in 2.0. Thanks for helping with this!

I don't think a new search option is needed to hide one errant archived event since no other archived caches, of any type, show up.  It's got to be an anomaly with this particular cache.  

12 hours ago, hidegoseek said:

I don't think a new search option is needed to hide one errant archived event since no other archived caches, of any type, show up.  It's got to be an anomaly with this particular cache.  

I don't think it is an anomaly after looking into it. If you search for just events in your area it will come up with other archived events. There are also a few archived caches you will see here and there...