Color Scheme

ShoesBologna

Question

So, I'm blue green color blind.  I've been having a hard time seeing the difference between traditional and multi caches.  It happened today for the third time.  I got to a cache, and then as I was reading the description more and more, I realized that it was a multi.  

I can take care of this myself by reading the logs more throughly prior to heading toward a cache, but I just wanted to throw it out there in case you haven't thought about it.

Thanks and happy caching.  

13 answers to this question

Two thing you could do to make this easier:

First, when tapping on a map pin or seeing a cache in the list view, Multi's will also have an icon with two containers next to each other. Traditions only have one larger container in the icon. Next, you can tap the gear icon on the right side of the search field. This will allow you to remove Multi's from your search, or filter the search in a different way. This way you could remove Multi's altogether if you would like.

Does this help?

cachly_yellow.pngHi

I have the same problem. I’m red/green color blind and don't see any difference in the colors between traditional and multi cache. The contrast for my eyes is absolutely identical, so there is no chance for me to make a difference between a darker and lighter color. I copied a screenshot to photoshop and there i saw, that the multi is orange and the traditional cache is green. If you could use a bright yellow for the multi, that would be a great and would help color blind people, like me. (See attachment). But there are diffent kinds of color blindness. Symbols would even much better ;-)

But all in all. Its a great app. Thank you so much for your work.

Regards from Switzerland

45 minutes ago, finkenmann said:

But there are diffent kinds of color blindness. Symbols would even much better ;-)

But all in all. Its a great app. Thank you so much for your work.

Thank you for bringing this up. In iOS 10 Apple provides a way for users with color blindness to fix the color problems. Please see:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/enable-screen-filters-help-color-blindness-ios-10.html

Let me know if this helps with Cachly. :)