Phone a Friend

rragan

Question

18 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kyzabra said:

Will this feature search the username in other fields of contacts ? I tend to put “Geocaxher teamname” in as the company. Some of my caching friends. 

Yes, it will search the company name and the notes fields. Let me know if you have any other fields you think it should search. 

2 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

Yes, it will search the company name and the notes fields. Let me know if you have any other fields you think it should search. 

Excellent. I know have a weekend job to edit all my contacts and check the names match GC format and spelling :)

how will it handle multiple contact for a team ?

5 minutes ago, Kyzabra said:

I know have a weekend job to edit all my contacts and check the names match GC format and spelling

Case won't matter, so don't worry about that.

5 minutes ago, Kyzabra said:

how will it handle multiple contact for a team ?

It will do a "contains" string search, so it should find them and put the same phone number for all those users. Is that what you mean?

5 minutes ago, Nic Hubbard said:

It will do a "contains" string search, so it should find them and put the same phone number for all those users. Is that what you mean?

I have a number of caching friend as husband/wife team. A seperate number for both. So would like the option of calling either as their log will often mention which member found the cache. 

3 minutes ago, Kyzabra said:

I have a number of caching friend as husband/wife team. A seperate number for both. So would like the option of calling either as their log will often mention which member found the cache. 

So they share a username and you have placed that into each of their contact info?

23 minutes ago, Kyzabra said:

In this case it will show all numbers from both users and also list their name next to their numbers.