Distance filter not working

BigChiefS4

Thanks for all the new updates, including the one filter option I've been looking for - Distance filtering.

The thing is, I can't seem to get it to work properly. If I set a distance filter for say, 15 miles, it should show me all caches within 15 miles of my current location. That doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to choose random caches in my Default database (which has over 23K caches in it) and doesn't show me caches that are easily within 15 miles of my location. For what it's worth, I have a lot of filters that I use to narrow down my search, but I only turn on the ones that are relevant at the time. I've attached a screen shot of that. 

In the first pic are the filters I have created with only one enabled - distance of 25 miles. The second picture is a zoomed out view of what caches I see when that filter is applied. I'm in Alexandria, which is in West Central MN and I'm seeing caches over 150 miles away in the Twin Cities. The thing is, there are other caches that aren't displayed on the screen that are in my database, like up by Brainerd. The choice of which caches are displayed seems to be completely arbitrary.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using Cachly 3.1(19) on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 10.3.3

BigChiefS4

IMG_0859.PNG

83A16F1F-E872-404E-9C18-12C3EB1567C1.PNG

I more or less figured out the problem, but there seems to be a bug in your logic. If I put only one filter criteria in the list - Distance = x miles, then it works. However, isn't the point of having the ON/OFF switch on filter items is so that you can narrow down your search filter little by little and not have to recreate your filter items from scratch every time?

The way my list is created above, with only one filter criteria ON, then it should only look at the distance filter. I left the other ones in the list because I like to whittle down my list for different caches with different criteria at different times. I assumed that since they are OFF that they aren't being applied, but that is clearly not the case.

It's like it's applying all of those filters, or parts of them, all at once. The one part that doesn't work, and I don't remember which way I tried it, is whether I used AND or OR in that list above. It's obviously not using the first two because none of the caches in the second pic contain BLT in the name nor are they in North Dakota. They also aren't all Wherigo's. 

It's strange behavior and I hope you can tell me what's going on.

BigChiefS4

17 hours ago, BigChiefS4 said:

However, isn't the point of having the ON/OFF switch on filter items is so that you can narrow down your search filter little by little and not have to recreate your filter items from scratch every time?

Yes, this is correct. 

Cachly does not include a filter in the database fetch if that filter is turned off. I have tested your scenario above and I cannot recreate it.

Just to test, have you tried a new offline list and applied a distance filter to this?

3 hours ago, BigChiefS4 said:

No, I didn't. Like I said, I removed all filters except distance and it worked as expected. I'll do some more testing and let you know the results. My Default database is rather large, over 26,000 caches, so it's easy to test distance filtering.

If you are able to send me your database file I could likely reproduce the issue here. Here are the instructions:

You would need to open iTunes on your computer, go to your phone, then Apps and scroll down to the File Sharing section. Once there choose Cachly and you will see the following documents:

Cachly.sqlite
Cachly.sqlite-shm
Cachly.sqlite-wal

If you are able to save those to your desktop and then send them to me through Dropbox I would be able to look into the database.