Downloading offline maps

Southern Traveler

I am trying to learn how to get needed info to my Iphone. I generated a bookmark list and then I did a pocket query.  The pocket query shows up on my phone but when I click on it in off.ine mode, I don't see a map. Just the cache icons.

i am in Michigan now and the PQ I did was for Florida. I went to the Download Offline Maps page and navigated to the Florida page (80.6 MB) and suposedly downloaded it. THe little circle showed the progree, but now when I select the Florida map,there is nothing thereexcept the two caches.  Why?

3 minutes ago, Southern Traveler said:

but now when I select the Florida map,there is nothing thereexcept the two caches.  Why?

So to recap, you have made sure to select the Florida map as your selected map, and the map layers button now shows a slash through it (this indicates offline map is being used)? 

Can you show us a screenshot?

OK Thanks, my biggime mistake.

now what I was trying to do was take a bookmark list that my geocaching partner made which she has as Share and Public. The bookmark consists of all puzzzle caches which she has solved and I will use when we cache together for them.

She entered the corrected coords into the geo page and saved them.  Since I am logged into Cachly with my own name, how do I get her bookmark list to my phone and keep the corrected coords for phone entry?

8 minutes ago, Southern Traveler said:

She entered the corrected coords into the geo page and saved them.  Since I am logged into Cachly with my own name, how do I get her bookmark list to my phone and keep the corrected coords for phone entry?

The corrected coordinates that she entered will be private to her only on her account. The only way I can see them being shared is if she has Cachly and exports her bookmark list as a GPX, including private data, and sends this to you.

Just now, Southern Traveler said:

I thought that if she hsares her bookmark list with me and it has been made public by her and shared,then I could use it and it would have corrected coords.

No, I don't think this is the case. Although this is more of a function of geocaching.com rather than Cachly, so you would have to test this to see for sure.

You could test this by having her give you the corrected coords of one of the caches, then browse to her user, see her bookmark lists and find that cache to see if it is corrected.

1 minute ago, Southern Traveler said:

canshe generate a pocket query and somehow send it to me so that I can getitonto,y iphone?

PQs don't allow you to use a bookmark list as the source, so this wouldn't work.

Does she have Cachly?

2 hours ago, Southern Traveler said:

canshe generate a pocket query and somehow send it to me so that I can getitonto,y iphone?

Yes, this works. I do it all the time.   A PQ with corrected coords sent via email and/or Dropbox, then imported into Cachly, shows corrected coords.    

(I'm not sure how Geocaching HQ feels about sharing PQs, especially if both users aren't premium members.)  

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Southern Traveler said:

You are wrong about that. At Geocaching website I generate all my pocket queries from a bookmark list. You have that optiondpwn at the bottom of the bookmark list page.

Southern Traveler: see this other thread on sharing PQs. 

• 2 weeks later...