Friend's logs

fossiecz

Question

19 answers to this question

Okay but, is there other way to do this ability possible in Cachly like in c:geo ? For example ; I have my friends in friendlist and I could download their logs to offline memory of Cachly ... and Cachly know that I have downloaded logs for current cache and I can see it then .. sorry for my English I have problem with it but I hope you understand me. Thank you

Hello Nic,

I understand that API dont give you the resources to identify the Geocache friends but since that Cachly have already a way to say who is your friends, cant you use the list and search on the logs of a cache for this names? In this way you may implement this cool feature.

I guess it would be handy but when I get stuck I do these things:

1) Read the description again and then the hint

2) read earlier logs for insights. During this process, I note any friends I might want to contact. 

3) PAF and often, I spot it just about when they answer 

4) Declare loudly to the cache "I'm leaving now", walk away but return for one last look - funny how this sometimes works

10 hours ago, ar3 said:

cant you use the list and search on the logs of a cache for this names?

Not necessarily because not all logs are available in one API request. We can get about 50 logs per request, so think about an old cache that has hundreds or thousands of logs. We would have to send off too many network requests while the user is wondering what is going on.

2 hours ago, rragan said:

This is where I draw the line. If I have to go back more than 50 caches to find a friend, the odds of my friend remembering things from that far back are slim. If I'm desperate and have data, I go to the webpage and load all back logs and do a "find" on likely friend names.

I agree. search on last 50 logs is more than enough... Please think about on this cool picture :) 

By the way i just bought today the app.