Hidden logging when attaching TB logs

Justustwo

First of all loving the app, massive improvement on what has been before.

When logging out in the field and not visiting TBs the log goes and smiley appears. All is good.

If we visit TB in our possession it looks like the log goes but then we don't get a smiley face. The app reverts back to the log page as if it hasn't sent the log. Trouble is it has and when we do it again we have ended up double logging.

Thanks again keep up the good work.

Ken

Hi Nic

Yes I can do it every time. The TBs we have are our own coins which we have for this year and like to visit them to every cache for mileage.

We write up the log then just ask for all TBs to be visited. Then we send the log. It goes through the process then goes back to the log screen as if nothing has happened. Which is where previously I have made errors and when I have gone on the web site and found that I have double logged caches.

Hi Nic

Yes I can do it every time. The TBs we have are our own coins which we have for this year and like to visit them to every cache for mileage.

We write up the log then just ask for all TBs to be visited. Then we send the log. It goes through the process then goes back to the log screen as if nothing has happened. Which is where previously I have made errors and when I have gone on the web site and found that I have double logged caches.

Would it be at all possible for me to test one of two of your coins, but using the geocaching.com staging server? This is the test server we use, and nothing from it goes Live, even if I logged some visits to your tracakable. If you are interested, please contact me through the support option in the app. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I have been having a similar problem.  I picked up 3 TBs at the weekend and have my personal TB.  When asking for all TBs to be visited to a cache it does the normal log created, TB log created and then goes back to the log screen as if the log wasn't sent.  I have double logged a couple as a result.  It doesn't seem to work if you log them all individually, only with the 'all visited' option.

• 4 weeks later...