Trackables in inventory

Kyzabra

Question

I'd like to see your inventory update if you drop a track able but haven't uploaded your log. 

How this works is I start a day of caching with a number of travkables in my inventory. Working offline, as I find caches and drop trackables, I continue to "visit all" the travkables I still have on me. At the present time, I need to do a "visit all" then delete the travkables I have dropped so far today.(if I remember) 

Not sure how you manage the travkables inventory while offline but this would be great if possible. 

6 answers to this question

Trackables aren't currently managed off-line - they're always on-line, so don't work at all when you're in an off-line mode with no phone coverage.  This is one of those features that I'd love to see implemented, so that you can log/visit/drop off a trackable when off-line.

There have been some other threads about this before such as: http://www.cach.ly/support/index.php?/topic/695-offline-trackables

I'd also like to see something along the lines of a "visit list" which could contain just a sub-group of the trackables in the inventory that could be visited instead of having to add them individually, or "add all" and remove the ones you don't want to visit.

Nic,

I've just returned from a trip to the US (Hawaii) where I did all my Geocaching with Cachly in Offline mode using pre-loaded Pocket Query Lists and with Mobile Roaming turned off on my phone (I'm too mean to buy a US SIM for a 1 week trip!).

I am completely unable to add Trackable visits to my cache logs as I go thru the day - I get an error message preventing me from even accessing the "Trackable Drop/Visit" screen. The message is "The Internet connection appears to be offline". 

Similarly, when I tap the Trackables icon at the bottom of the screen, I get the same message yet Cachly could presumably remember which trackables I had last time it looked online??

Is there any plan to make the whole Trackable workflow work offline (obviously "grabbed" can't function offline but for visits and drops it should be possible?). It would save travellers a lot of time in the evening when we finally hit some wifi!!

On 11/2/2018 at 4:52 PM, Bunkshyde said:

Is there any plan to make the whole Trackable workflow work offline (obviously "grabbed" can't function offline but for visits and drops it should be possible?). It would save travellers a lot of time in the evening when we finally hit some wifi!!

This is on our feature list, but I don't have it scheduled yet for development. I will evaluate this and see if/when I want to get it added.