Lost selected cache

Attila_G

Maybe someone already reported this problem, but I can't find it. There is a very annoying problem in Cachly but I am now sure how to reproduce it. Let my try to explain what happens: 
When I am out in the field I search for nearby caches. Then I select one and navigate to them. I look at the map, read the listing, add waypoints and I open other apps like whatsapp, google maps, etc. or I turn off the iPhone when I have to walk a longer distance. Anyway, all the normal things everybody does. I can't tell if I leave Cachly with the open map or when I'm in the listing or somewhere else. After a while I open Cachly again and the selected cache is gone and the map is completely zoomed out. That means I have to zoom in to my position, reload the caches and reselect my target again.

As already said: I don't know when this happens exactly. But it happens all the times to me! And it would surprise me if I were the only one with this problem...

(iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.3, Cachly 3.0.3)

The behavior you experience is what happens if you explicitly close the application or the application is closed on your behalf by the operating system such as Apple needs to swap out an app for another where it needs the memory, etc. When that occurs, Cachly is starting from scratch just as if you newly launched it.  There's a future enhancement for the application to save/restore it's state when that happens but no release date yet. 

As above it's because Cachly doesn't 'save state' (where it's up to).  The more things you do while switched away from Cachly, the greater chance iOS will decide Cachly's memory is needed for something else.

Turning off the phone will definitely do it… and not sure why you would.  Apart from the odd buggy app (cough Facebook cough), phone battery usage while asleep is minimal.  Check Settings > Battery to see the stats.